Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why has my seat changed repeatedly?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2022, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriot Titanium, AA Platinum, National Emerald Club Executive
Why has my seat changed repeatedly?

Plat member here, booked into 8F and 8A on a CRJ for a flight middle of next week. When I checked seat map last night, I noted that my seats had been reassigned, but the original selections were now open. I reselected those seats with no issues. I just now checked, and my seat selections had been changed again to somewhere outside of MCE! 8F and 8A were available, so I selected them again.
Any reason why this is happening?
Old Nov 24, 2022, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Did you book through a TA? I've noticed our corporate travel agency's system will do that to me. The agent can see the back and forth. I think they had to set a flag in my profile to stop that from happening.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriot Titanium, AA Platinum, National Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
Did you book through a TA? I've noticed our corporate travel agency's system will do that to me. The agent can see the back and forth. I think they had to set a flag in my profile to stop that from happening.
I did book through my company's TA, but haven't seen this before, and this isn't the first time I've booked through them and selected MCE seats on initial booking.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by OSULugan
I did book through my company's TA, but haven't seen this before, and this isn't the first time I've booked through them and selected MCE seats on initial booking.
It didn't always happen to me either. It was seemingly random when the system thought I had a seat that didn't match the seat I desired in my profile. It kept overriding whatever changes I made directly with aa.com when it did happen (which again was not all the time).
Old Nov 28, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
When I use the company TA it will often rebook my tickets to get a cheaper price. So far my seats haven't been affected, but i expect it to one day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.