Wiki Posts
Search

More Error Messages

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2022, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum
More Error Messages

So sick of AA technology. The stuff you can do on UA and even more so DL blows away what you can do on AA. Have to call to simply get miles back with AA and so much more.

At any rate just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues I am now. I am getting either the "this page as taken off for flight" message as well as "Choose a new fare" page.

This used to be common on trying to book QF F awards, after seeing the 110K available it wouldnt be there. I am getting this now with JL F awards. Its so frustrating. I also got it on a BA F award last night.

Whats strange and even more frustrating is on the BA F it made a record locator and said it would hold it until tonight but it was a "virtual booking" according to the agent and never actually was real or existed so I never actually had the ticket. I sort of figured it wasnt going to happen on that one b/c I never did see or get to hit the "HOLD" option at the very end. Weird though it sent me the record locator with it on hold via email just like if it was a "real" booking.

These error messages are so annoying. Are they phantom awards again that dont actually exist?
Old Nov 24, 2022, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Sounds like AA being AA
Old Nov 25, 2022, 8:10 am

I have been getting the "this page as taken off for flight" message both on aa.com and in the app trying to JFK-LHR (AA FC) then LHR-CDG (BA Business)

The 1st issue is you can't book this with the normal search since it won't display JFK-LHR in FC and then LHR-CDG in business. It will only display all business flights (i.e. the FC column doesn't even appear).

When trying to book it as a multi city trip "this page as taken off for flight" message appears after I have selected all segments and entered all passenger names.

Update: 1 trip ended up in the my trips section on hold but now priced at 990,000 miles and says must call to book. The hold is also for 1 day. Another trip got a reservation # but showed as cancelled. I never got to the purchase/hold page on any attempt and have been trying over several weeks.

Last edited by mileshound; Nov 25, 2022 at 8:24 am
Old Nov 25, 2022, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by mileshound
I have been getting the "this page as taken off for flight" message both on aa.com and in the app trying to JFK-LHR (AA FC) then LHR-CDG (BA Business)

The 1st issue is you can't book this with the normal search since it won't display JFK-LHR in FC and then LHR-CDG in business. It will only display all business flights (i.e. the FC column doesn't even appear).

When trying to book it as a multi city trip "this page as taken off for flight" message appears after I have selected all segments and entered all passenger names.

Update: 1 trip ended up in the my trips section on hold but now priced at 990,000 miles and says must call to book. The hold is also for 1 day. Another trip got a reservation # but showed as cancelled. I never got to the purchase/hold page on any attempt and have been trying over several weeks.
I assume this is an award ticket you're searching for...

Unless the JFK-LHR segment is available as sAAver space then you're not going to be able to combine it with the BA segment on the same PNR. This is also why it's not showing up when you search just JFK-CDG.

When using multi-city aa.com will price it out ok initially however it will always error out when you click through as you cannot combine a web-special award with a partner/sAAver award on the same PNR.

And once you start clicking through on a potential booking aa.com will frequently create a PNR of the flights you're trying to book, before you actually book it. This is especially true on itineraries involving partner flights IME. The PNR will sometimes show up in your trips for a short amount of time before it cancels out. This doesn't mean that anything was actually booked though.
Antarius likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey

Unless the JFK-LHR segment is available as sAAver space then you're not going to be able to combine it with the BA segment on the same PNR. This is also why it's not showing up when you search just JFK-CDG.

When using multi-city aa.com will price it out ok initially however it will always error out when you click through as you cannot combine a web-special award with a partner/sAAver award on the same PNR.

And once you start clicking through on a potential booking aa.com will frequently create a PNR of the flights you're trying to book, before you actually book it. This is especially true on itineraries involving partner flights IME. The PNR will sometimes show up in your trips for a short amount of time before it cancels out. This doesn't mean that anything was actually booked though.
Very helpful. I figured it was something like that. My preferred AA flight is a web special but I have tried it on other flights on other days. I guess they just don't meet the criteria. Booking on 1 PNR would save me $25 and 10,000 miles per ticket. Oh well, I'll just suck it up and let LHR collect extra taxes.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JJeffrey

Good info. FWIW my booking was one ticket one way just LA to London but yet I still get this same error message "your page has taken flight". Getting the email as if my ticket was actually on hold is so misleading. I wrote into AA to vent my frustration but I'm guessing they dont care and wont do anything about it. Their IT is a joke. Really frustrating.

So in the end is it just their IT and I could have called in and likely booked this award ticket or are these just phantom awards that dont exist when you get this "page has taken flight" message?
Old Nov 26, 2022, 7:49 am

Programs: AA, but I play the field
Fwiw, I'm having similar difficulties booking a partner award flight today (QF). Either get the "this page has taken off" error message OR I get to the "review and pay" screen but after choosing 'credit card" there is no ability to move forward with paying. Will call it in I guess . . .
Old Nov 26, 2022, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ZenFlyer
Fwiw, I'm having similar difficulties booking a partner award flight today (QF). Either get the "this page has taken off" error message OR I get to the "review and pay" screen but after choosing 'credit card" there is no ability to move forward with paying. Will call it in I guess . . .
Not unknown for QF phantom awards to show on AAdvantage. That is they do not exist and cannot be booked.
-->AA miles awards: using / redeeming AA miles on Qantas (QF) & related (consolidated)
Old Nov 26, 2022, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Not unknown for QF phantom awards to show on AAdvantage. That is they do not exist and cannot be booked.
-->AA miles awards: using / redeeming AA miles on Qantas (QF) & related (consolidated)
I had that happen so many times maybe 2018 and 2019 with QF flights. However, this is a first to get it with BA & JL also.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: AA, but I play the field
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Thanks! I also wondered about that possibility, although the fact I was able to get through to the payment screen on at least one occasion made me think the problem was something less systemic.

That said, in my case, once I got home to my desktop computer and was able to review my account more closely, I noticed that the award flight I was trying to book actually would have been duplicative of an award flight I had *already* booked, so now I'm not sure whether this is actually an example of aa.com being smarter than I am, or just happy coincidence of errors, lol.

(In case it helps anyone else: I had forgotten that I made one booking as a multi-city award with an overnight stay, was misled by looking at the "my trips" section of the website, which only lists the first segment of this flight -- i.e. XXX to SYD. I had to click on that entry and scroll through to see that there is also a second segment booked for SYD to YYY as part of the same trip. So the trip would arguably be better titled as "XXX to YYY" or the two flights listed as separate entries in "My trips." That part I'll blame on aa.com . .. . )
Old Nov 27, 2022, 1:05 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Same experiences with Page Has Taken a Flight message while booking partner awards. One BA and another RJ. Had to use the chat feature to book both. AA IT at its best.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by asnovici
Same experiences with Page Has Taken a Flight message while booking partner awards. One BA and another RJ. Had to use the chat feature to book both. AA IT at its best.
So bad. Even worse when they send you an email saying its on hold and you're good to book it til a certain date.

I wrote in and have not received a reply, that was 3 days ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.