Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

American Airlines | AAdvantage

Would you pay for preferred or MCE or neither?

Would you pay for preferred or MCE or neither?

Old Nov 21, 22, 7:24 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Stockjock View Post
FWIW, I just upgraded to MCE but row 9 rather than bulkhead row 8. It was slightly cheaper ($81 total), and I like the extra seat width. Plus, I prefer easy under seat storage and I'm not a huge fan of the video screens in the armrests.
the are no video screens anywhere anymore, row 8 is much more comfortable imo!
zdcatc12 and Antarius like this.
Old Nov 21, 22, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by donotblink View Post
the are no video screens anywhere anymore, row 8 is much more comfortable imo!
Sucks about the screens, but at least in a row 9 seat, I presume they have some form of a holder for my iPad, rather than just propping it up on the foldable table that stores in the arm of row 8.
Antarius likes this.
Old Nov 21, 22, 11:01 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Sucks about the screens, but at least in a row 9 seat, I presume they have some form of a holder for my iPad, rather than just propping it up on the foldable table that stores in the arm of row 8.
Yes, but I'd still take Row 8 or an Exit Row over Row 9, personally--and that's a strong preference!
Old Nov 22, 22, 12:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum, UA Gold
Originally Posted by OskiBear View Post
Its not a wall. Its just a flap that hangs down a bit past the top of row 7 so you have full access to the space under row 7.
Mindblown I always avoided row 8 and went for 9 because I thought suckers.. cant keep ur stuff with ya
Old Nov 22, 22, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by askyamaz View Post
Mindblown I always avoided row 8 and went for 9 because I thought suckers.. cant keep ur stuff with ya
So you'll go for row 8 next time then?
Old Nov 22, 22, 10:51 am
PHL

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by OskiBear View Post
Its not a wall. Its just a flap that hangs down a bit past the top of row 7 so you have full access to the space under row 7.
Not to nitpick, but on the A321, row 5 is the last row of F and then row 8 begins the coach cabin.
Old Nov 23, 22, 4:42 pm

We're actually going to Paris, although the final leg is on BA and didn't seem worth mentioning.

The cost isn't a huge deal, but just strategizing. I didn't really consider that the middle seat might get filled within 24 hours anyway. And the SAN-DFW leg is pretty short, at only 3 hours or so.
Why an earth wouldn't you fly LAX to CDG rather than SAN to DFW to LHR to CDG???
Old Nov 23, 22, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SteveinA2 View Post
Why an earth wouldn't you fly LAX to CDG rather than SAN to DFW to LHR to CDG???
2 reasons.

1. I used mileage points to book this and found some flights at good point levels.

2. Driving to LAX and dealing w/that airport is a pain in the butt. SAN is far more convenient. I can leave the car at home and Uber to the airport. Change of planes in London isn't a huge deal either.
ksucats likes this.
Old Nov 24, 22, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
How tall are you and how much booze can / will you drink without getting cut off in MCE? Only 2 questions I'd ask myself.

I'm tall enough that normal seats suck and I enjoy drinking on a flight so MCE makes sense to me.
Old Nov 24, 22, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dvs7310 View Post
How tall are you and how much booze can / will you drink without getting cut off in MCE? Only 2 questions I'd ask myself.

I'm tall enough that normal seats suck and I enjoy drinking on a flight so MCE makes sense to me.
6' and I can drink. That said, it's a 3 hour morning flight, so probably only enough time for a bloody mary and maybe a mimosa.
dvs7310 likes this.

Search this Thread