Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New AA Admirals Club at DCA grand opening scheduled for October 25, 2022

Old Oct 23, 2022, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton & Marriott Gold

Is the new American Airlines Admirals Club at DCA (Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) still on schedule to open on October 25, 2022, and will you be there for the grand opening? The entrance is near gate E47.

Last edited by Microwave; Oct 25, 2022 at 10:02 am Reason: Removed links that do not comply with FlyerTalk rules surrounding linking to external content
Old Oct 23, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
What time???? I will be there!
Old Oct 23, 2022, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
What time???? I will be there!
I am ticketed for AA4821 from DTW-DCA on October 25th, scheduled to arrive at 7:43 AM. I have a 24-hour pass, so if I enter at 9:30 AM, I can use it the next day on my return.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 12:18 pm

What would be nice are lockers to leave one's roll aboard bag. It is always an obstacle course to move through out the lounge.
Spiff likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott
Looks so different from the existing Admirals Clubs, even the newly remodeled LGA one. Hope they bring this new aesthetic to the other ones.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Just walked past. From the concourse below the new AC looks great. First time I've seen it with all the lights turned on and TVs/flight monitors operating. Can't wait to check it out next week.

-FlyerBeek
Old Oct 23, 2022, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Has there been an announced plan for the other two clubs? Will both stay open at least for the time being?
Old Oct 24, 2022, 7:05 am

Programs: AA, Hertz, Hyatt, Hilton
Originally Posted by dpb132
Has there been an announced plan for the other two clubs? Will both stay open at least for the time being?
I believe it was mentioned in a diff thread that all DCA clubs will remain open for the foreseeable future.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by A321T
Looks so different from the existing Admirals Clubs, even the newly remodeled LGA one. Hope they bring this new aesthetic to the other ones.
DEN and AUS are next to open with this new design/decor.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 9:41 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by US @ DEN
DEN and AUS are next to open with this new design/decor.
And EWR in they move into the new Terminal A sometime next year.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 9:59 am
Suspended

Why are there 3 clubs at DCA but only two at CLT?

Why does DCA have 3 clubs (as of tomorrow) but CLT, which has way more traffic, have only 2 very overcrowded ones?
Old Oct 24, 2022, 11:15 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
Why does DCA have 3 clubs (as of tomorrow) but CLT, which has way more traffic, have only 2 very overcrowded ones?
I'm guessing because it has a lot of influential Congressmen/Congresswomen and Senators traveling in and out, along with others in the DC political sphere combined with a heavy business travel contingent. That, plus the presence of other airlines that require AA to be more competitive than they do in CLT where they are pretty much the only option for most nonstop destinations.
SPN Lifer, beltway, dcmike and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by PHL
I'm guessing because it has a lot of influential Congressmen/Congresswomen and Senators traveling in and out, along with others in the DC political sphere combined with a heavy business travel contingent. That, plus the presence of other airlines that require AA to be more competitive than they do in CLT where they are pretty much the only option for most nonstop destinations.
I think AA still has a small private lounge for Members of Congress adjacent to the AC in Concourse D (the former US lounge)? Curious if the new AC will also have something similar.

-FlyerBeek
Old Oct 24, 2022, 6:19 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I think AA still has a small private lounge for Members of Congress adjacent to the AC in Concourse D (the former US lounge)? Curious if the new AC will also have something similar.

-FlyerBeek
I'm not surprised, but wonder whether AA has other VVIP lounges elsewhere in the system, e.g. LAX or JFK. Any word? Thought that these were a relic of the past.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 7:07 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
I'm not surprised, but wonder whether AA has other VVIP lounges elsewhere in the system, e.g. LAX or JFK. Any word? Thought that these were a relic of the past.
There's a VIP room in the JFK Flagship Lounge near the entrance.
worldwidedreamer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.