Avis - AA Mile Earning Changes?

Old Nov 5, 2023, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
How long does it typically take for miles and LP from Avis to post to AA?
It's pretty quick - a week or less IME. I did recently learn that they do not credit off-airport rentals after having one take longer than normal to post.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Pinned
It's pretty quick - a week or less IME. I did recently learn that they do not credit off-airport rentals after having one take longer than normal to post.
Good to know. Seems the AA website only allows you to book airport websites. Wonder why they have that restriction.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
It’s been a few weeks form an international rental and nothing has posted. I booked through AA cars. Who would I contact?
Old Jan 6, 2024, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Is there any advantage (as far as earning miles and LPs is concerned) to booking through the AA site vs. autoslash?
Old Feb 16, 2024, 11:12 pm

AA discount code

So based on what I’m reading here it’s NOT mandatory to use the AA discount code to get base miles correct?
Old Feb 16, 2024, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Whats The Points
So based on what I’m reading here it’s NOT mandatory to use the AA discount code to get base miles correct?
Correct. See Post #23.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
Correct. See Post #23.
thanks! Also As it happens I have 3 Avis reservations upcoming but the one in Costa Rica let me add my AA number but then stated “your FTP miles/points have not been applied to the reservation”…wonder if the program excludes international rentals..
Old Feb 17, 2024, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Whats The Points
thanks! Also As it happens I have 3 Avis reservations upcoming but the one in Costa Rica let me add my AA number but then stated “your FTP miles/points have not been applied to the reservation”…wonder if the program excludes international rentals..

no experience yet, but via Google:

https://www.avis.com/en/business-pro...rican-airlines

American Airlines AAdvantage® members can earn at least 2 base miles for every dollar spent on all qualifying rentals at participating airport rental locations in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean.”

Is it an airport rental?

Perhaps call Avis and ask them to add the AA number.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Sorry if this is an annoying question - have tried looking this up in various places and I'm seeing conflicting answers. So to earn AA LPs for Avis/Budget car rentals, it sounds like we have to book either directly through AA or directly through Avis? Is that correct? A third party rental (i.e. via Costco Travel) would not award AA LPs? Is that correct? Just want to confirm as of course I'm seeing much better rates via Costco than via the AA discount code at Avis for an upcoming trip. Thank you!
Old Mar 21, 2024, 2:35 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EP
I know this is older but...

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Is there any advantage (as far as earning miles and LPs is concerned) to booking through the AA site vs. autoslash?
In the case of the Executive card, they offer the 10x RDMs on cars and hotels through the portal, so if that's in your wallet, it matters there.

I've been strictly Avis almost as long as I've been tied into the AAdvantage program, and I used to book directly with them for the 2% the Silver card gave me; nowadays I still book Avis, but do so through the AA portal and use the Executive card. My reservations still show up on Avis, and the price seems to be identical, so I just get the 10x instead of 2x and keep the Avis perks I've already earned.
notquiteaff and ValleyEarl like this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikeFT

In the case of the Executive card, they offer the 10x RDMs on cars and hotels through the portal, so if that's in your wallet, it matters there.
I got the Exec card recently, and yes, will book with Avis for the 10X.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by mikeFT

I've been strictly Avis almost as long as I've been tied into the AAdvantage program, and I used to book directly with them for the 2% the Silver card gave me; nowadays I still book Avis, but do so through the AA portal and use the Executive card. My reservations still show up on Avis, and the price seems to be identical, so I just get the 10x instead of 2x and keep the Avis perks I've already earned.
When I've tried to book Avis through AA's portal it's always been significantly more expensive and has had fewer car options than booking direct. I also only use Avis for 1 way rentals so that may be the reason.

I prefer to book anything other than Avis / Budget though, find the experience and cars to be poor with them in general despite the better LP/RDM earnings versus others.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Any recent experiencre with Avis rentals? Had two of them two weeks ago - FF # was included in the rental. No credit yet.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA 1MM/Gold, Marriott Gold
Had two Avis rentals booked through their app in mid March. The earlier of the two hasn’t posted, but the later one has. Return dates were maybe a week apart….
Old Apr 3, 2024, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Same. Two rentals from early March, PHX and DFW both at the airport rental centers neither has posted.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.