Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Duration of Gift of AAdvantage GoldŽ for Loyalty Choice Reward?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2022, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist

Has anyone given gold as a Loyalty Choice Reward and how long was it for? After my next flight, I will qualify for Loyalty Choice Rewards. I was curious about the timing and spoke with AAdvantage and they said if If I give someone the Gift of AAdvantage GoldŽ status as one of my Loyalty Choice Rewards - It will expire at the end of March. This seemed odd, as a gold status challenge at this time of year would give you this year plus another year.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, SPG Plat 75
Originally Posted by AAdamE
Has anyone given gold as a Loyalty Choice Reward and how long was it for? After my next flight, I will qualify for Loyalty Choice Rewards. I was curious about the timing and spoke with AAdvantage and they said if If I give someone the Gift of AAdvantage GoldŽ status as one of my Loyalty Choice Rewards - It will expire at the end of March. This seemed odd, as a gold status challenge at this time of year would give you this year plus another year.
After Sept 1, it should give status until march 2024 if it works anything like the Business Extra status redemptions.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
According to Twitter - the status will expire when the associated status membership expires. I think that means that the status I give will expire when my current status expires (March 2024). Clarifying with them.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 9:50 am

According to the terms and conditions:
  • Gifted AAdvantageŽ status will expire when the associated status membership expires
Since you are earning the reward in 2022 in association with earning status that will expire on March 31, 2024, the gifted status will expire on the same date.
AAdamE and mikeFT like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.