Banned for life?!?

Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Why do passengers actually travel with pets in the first place?!?
You’ll rarely find top tier premium fliers (AA EXP/ConciergeKey, UA Global Services/Premier 1K, DL 360/Diamond Medallion) will never or very rarely have a pet with them!!
lamphs, bchandler02 and EXP100 like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:20 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
When people post these threads, they're supposed to leave out (or minimize) the parts where they do the very bad thing so they get more sympathy. I appreciate that you are honest about your mistakes, OP, but I think you will need to start investigating whether you prefer DL or UA.
fdog, wrp96, FAA1996 and 6 others like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:22 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
Why do passengers actually travel with pets in the first place?!?
You’ll rarely find top tier premium fliers (AA EXP/ConciergeKey, UA Global Services/Premier 1K, DL 360/Diamond Medallion) will never or very rarely have a pet with them!!
I don't understand the question. Pets are part of the family.
corky, arollins, tcdtcd and 5 others like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:25 am
formerly rt23456p

So to summarise:
AA didn't mention no pet for row 6 onboard 321T
OP booked row 6 and was forced to move to another row, OP try to argue, therefore running late for the flight
OP tried to open the gate door
AA decide to ban OP.
Temedar, LETTERBOY and mediator like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:29 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
I do have to say I'm confused by the opening the door thing. What did the OP hope to achieve? "Oh he's already opened the door anyway, so we might as well let him board now."
Was that the end game?
Hoi polloi and Deckter like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:33 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Man, you really wanted row 6...
Exactly. So much drama about sitting in that row vs. a row a few feet more away from the pet storage compartment. How much longer would it have taken the OP to reach it from, say, row 8 or 9?
LETTERBOY and wrp96 like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by mosfet
Did the OP barge past the gate agent to try pull the said door open? Asking for a friend.
This is key. What if the door had been physically open, but the gate agent denied boarding and OP walked right past the scanners and onto the jetway? I’m pretty sure that would not have a happy ending either. OP would not fly on any AA flight that day, at the best outcome.
LETTERBOY, wrp96, becks1 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: QF
It doesn't sound as bad as what Bill Gates did in his younger days: (From Paul Allen's book)
Spiff, corky, carla568 and 4 others like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
I do have to say I'm confused by the opening the door thing. What did the OP hope to achieve? "Oh he's already opened the door anyway, so we might as well let him board now."
Was that the end game?
As I alluded to in my other post, people with anger management issues get consumed by their emotion and do not act rationally. So don't go trying to find logic behind the action when there is none. Without therapy this will continue to happen- and unfortunately tends to get worse with age.
jcf27, wrp96, becks1 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:48 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
...... This is where I admittedly took things too far. I’ve flown enough to know that once a boarding gate is closed, there is no amount of pleading that will get them to reopen it. I should have known better, but I was annoyed with the gate manager’s attitude. Completely unsympathetic. Basically told us it was our fault — even though ticketing agents were the ones who delayed us. I threw a bit of a fit. I didn’t swear. I didn’t throw things. I don’t approach or touch anyone. But I did one very bad thing… I walked up to the gate anyway and attempted to open the door. It was a stupid thing to do. Of course it wouldn’t open. I didn’t expect it to open. But I was frustrated. I shouldn’t have done that, and own it entirely.
The beginning and essence of the problem and outcome.

No other details are needed to reply

sympathy from AA is what's needed, nothing others can do., I'll admit I now realize how sensitive touching somethin in a public waiting area can be, Were any door alarms set off.?
Brian143 likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:49 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA
Originally Posted by fdog
I've watched this scenario play out in the gate next to my flight before...late/angry/try to open door.

Based on that, the OP seemed to get off easy. The one I saw, the upset lady earned a new set of bracelets behind her back, and walked off between two uniformed police officers.

All the best, James
Had the OP pressed the door release long enough to get the door open, he would probably have ended up in a lot more trouble. There’s a reason why there are large warning signs on the doors.

LETTERBOY likes this.

Last edited by Microwave; Oct 2, 2022 at 2:30 pm Reason: Edited quote of edited post
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: Delta Plat
Ticket Agents did not delay you. You delayed yourself when you weren't happy with the answer you got. This is why I never ask seating related questions to phone staff as most don't know squat.
Gate closes 10 minutes before flight, everyone with your complaint says they arrived a minute early, just like everyone who is convicted of a crime says they are innocent. 98% remember incorrectly.
You attempted to open the gate you are lucky you got an idiot cop, I seen someone get tackled by Port Authority police at JFK for doing just that.

Have fun flying Spirit/Jetblue.
awayIgo, LETTERBOY, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: Some more than others
My advice to the OP would be very similar to that given to people who are caught selling miles and/or instruments.

AA holds all the cards here, they can choose who they want to do business with and who they don't for any reason other than being in a protected class. They don't owe due process or discovery, they hold the cards.

When they contact you, I would express contrition, acknowledge you made mistakes and regret them and say that you still wish to be a customer of AA and how/what can you do to restore that relationship. It could be the answer is nothing or they may provide a pathway back for you and/or your partner. This isn't about the telephone agents, the ticket agents, row 6 or the gate agents, this is about you wanting to be a customer of AA.

That said, if they do let you back, I would expect to be on a very short leash (no pun intended), any future documented incident would likely result in permanent banning. LAX is not that big of a station, you will likely see the same agents again and they will be on the lookout. BOS is even smaller if you've had incidents there.
corky, LETTERBOY, wrp96 and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: AAdvantage
So this was over the OP being denied row 6. Seems like a lot of drama for a "row." The only thing the OP can do is wait to see if AA Security contacts him and if so will they allow an appeal.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Crikey, I wonder what the reaction is when something serious happens!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.