Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA "Dreamily" Redesigned Admirals Club Lounge Master Thread

AA "Dreamily" Redesigned Admirals Club Lounge Master Thread

Old Sep 23, 2022, 6:04 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by EXP100
"Open spaces" doesn't spell "calm." It "spells" people flying to Cancun, getting into the AC with a cc, getting drunk, being loud and the "open spaces" means all can hear. What AA needs are small enclosed business cubicles for the actual business flyer that can make calls without sounding like they're at Senior Frog in Cancun.
The LGA AC has these.

I never realized that AC is much larger than it appears on entry. I didn't notice the little bridge over the escalators to the huge other side, with better food options, until my last trip thru LGA 😃

But of course there were rude jamokes blaring their facetimes/tiktocks/movies/raphop/etc.

Hey jerks! There's this fabulous invention called headphones now!! Have you heard of them? Grrr.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by VFR
Delta also seems to have much better food, along with real silverware at its refurbished lounges. It's great if the lounges are aesthetically quite pleasing, but if they keep serving the (quite boring) crudités and one hot selection, they're really not going to be competitive with the Sky Club.
I've never seen real silverware at their new SLC club and the food is really hit or miss.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 6:19 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
I think there's going to be quite a contrast in some ways... The LGA Club is the last of the Bermello Ajamil & Partners-era look, and the lounges starting with DCA-E are being done by DMAC Architecture & Interiors. The renderings for DCA-E look quite different from LGA and the lounges since 2016.
I believe the BOS club is also of the same style/design as LGA. I made very good use of it on a 3 hour delay a few months back and loved the small quiet room near the entrance with the loungers. Was that also a Bermello Ajamil & Partners design? Given this, I wouldn't expect to see those 2 lounges to get rennovated to this new style. Ditto for something like DFW A.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: AA, Hertz, Hyatt, Hilton
Originally Posted by born sleepy
The LGA AC has these.

I never realized that AC is much larger than it appears on entry. I didn't notice the little bridge over the escalators to the huge other side, with better food options, until my last trip thru LGA 😃
They had the first section (the side that you enter on) open for a few weeks (months?) before opening the rest of the lounge (the side that you have to cross the 'bridge' to access'). Regardless, yes, I think the small "business spaces" will be beneficial.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 8:39 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by audio-nut
I've never seen real silverware at their new SLC club and the food is really hit or miss.
I've seen it at BOS and SEA... I was at LAX too but I can't remember.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
I don’t know what design you call the Admirals club at SFO, but it resembles the flagship lounge in Chicago…spacious and attractive…props to the red pepper and smoked Gouda soup! Delicious!
Old Oct 4, 2023, 7:19 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Went to the new EWR location this week and it was quite nice, calm, and peaceful.
golfer20 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by nologic
I don’t know what design you call the Admirals club at SFO, but it resembles the flagship lounge in Chicago…spacious and attractive…props to the red pepper and smoked Gouda soup! Delicious!
The best AC in the system, and blissfully uncrowded. The Harvey Milk terminal at SFO is currently my favorite airport terminal in the US - spacious and airy, tastefully designed and decorated, and best of all - quiet. I absolutely love the quiet airport policy at SFO. That alone makes the travel experience so much less stressful.
dw, AAway, ItsAnAdam and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
"Open spaces" doesn't spell "calm." It "spells" people flying to Cancun, getting into the AC with a cc, getting drunk, being loud and the "open spaces" means all can hear. What AA needs are small enclosed business cubicles for the actual business flyer that can make calls without sounding like they're at Senior Frog in Cancun.
As always, just like DL: "The way I access the lounge is superior to the ways others access the lounge, and the way I want to act in the lounge is the way other people need to act."
Old Oct 5, 2023, 3:59 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gophish11
The best AC in the system, and blissfully uncrowded. The Harvey Milk terminal at SFO is currently my favorite airport terminal in the US - spacious and airy, tastefully designed and decorated, and best of all - quiet. I absolutely love the quiet airport policy at SFO. That alone makes the travel experience so much less stressful.
And not have one like the new LGA where it's open to the terminal so the boarding announcements are audible. That's my biggest pet peeve, I want a place where I don't have to hear that someone's about to miss their flight.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 8:41 pm

Programs: Booking.com VIP3/Agoda Platinum/Hotels.com Silver
Can I use the Admirals Club when connecting from an international Partner flight to a domestic AA flight while not having club membership/credit card (but with AA Exec Plat) ?
OW benefits page says I am not able to use it when travelling solely domestic, not sure if it applies to my case.
Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 7, 2023, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by lanslort
Can I use the Admirals Club when connecting from an international Partner flight to a domestic AA flight while not having club membership/credit card (but with AA Exec Plat) ?
OW benefits page says I am not able to use it when travelling solely domestic, not sure if it applies to my case.
Thanks in advance.
you want to look over here

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.