Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Man assaulted AA first class flight attendant

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Man assaulted AA first class flight attendant

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2022, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I hope at the very least he gets an invoice for medical care that flight attendant may need.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 11:40 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by enviroian

Why the hell was the Y cabin so empty??
extremely light load… why aren’t more people flying American ?!
Old Sep 23, 2022, 11:43 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by N830MH
Yes! For life! Forever!
Yup! You got that right! Banned him for life! No fly list permanently.
He should be barred from flying any airline. That is totally unacceptable and aware of Cabo's reputation, he may well have been seriously inebriated. Disgusting!
WeekendTraveler likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: National - Exec, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Delta - Gold, AA - Plat
I'm sure most of the US carriers will also add him to their list. Such DOT lists, especially those result in prosecution/conviction are accessible to the other big US Carriers. In fact, I wouldn't be surprise if their insurance policies mandate that such individuals are added to their own lists. Way to shoot yourself in the foot for life, buddy. We all have bad days, but losing it to the point of violence (classy move BTW attacking someone from behind), is especially sad.
trooper likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 2:08 pm
Suspended

I hope that the flight attendant presses charges and sues the guy in a civil case.
skylady, trooper, Annerk and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA PP
I thought the DOT was working on a way for airlines to share their no-fly lists with each other and the TSA. DId that go the wayside, or is it still something being worked on?
Old Sep 23, 2022, 3:34 pm

Wow! He was too crazy! He assaults with flight attendant. He asked him if he can go to First Class lavatory, but he says no. He punching his head. He will never be allowed to flying American Airlines ever again. Ban him for life! No-fly list permanently.

https://youtu.be/d1QSGAuI6Vk

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/america...mexico-to-lax/

Heard he moved up front to a better seat..then stood up towards the front of the plane. It had nothing to do with a restroom.

Definitely a NUT JOB.
N830MH likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Yes! For life! Forever!
Yeah my post was especially for you.

AAway and N830MH like this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 5:04 pm

I’m just glad he’s banned for life. He should really be banned from all airlines.
N830MH and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 5:26 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by Annerk
The only two times I think accommodations should be made for economy passengers to use the FC lav is when they are either very elderly/disabled and it's much closer, or when it's a parent with an under six who really needs to go.
Disagree. If I'm at the front of the Y cabin and the aisle is blocked by FAs and their buggy, and I gotta go, I'm going. Otherwise I usually use the aft potty. Mostly.

I see Y pax using the F lav all the time, and nobody tries to stop them. If I'm in F, it doesn't bother me if Y pax use the forward lav.

But I would never assault anyone over it! Maybe a little side-eye...
Old Sep 23, 2022, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by AADrewBoo
I’m just glad he’s banned for life. He should really be banned from all airlines.
I agree with you. He will never be allowed flying on any airlines. He is in trouble. Unacceptable behavior.

He could face up to 20 years in prison. He will find guilty for his crimes.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 10:17 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
I hope that the flight attendant presses charges and sues the guy in a civil case.
If the guy doesn't have a big stash of cash, it may not be worth the time and money it would cost the FA to go after him. Unless he could find a lawyer willing to take his case for free, he'd probably spend more money suing the guy than he'd ever get back.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Yeah my post was especially for you.

Thanks pal!

I hope at the very least he gets an invoice for medical care that flight attendant may need.
Yes, he have to go to hospital. He will stay in hospital for overnight observation. He will take an MRI and he need a surgery on his head. He is expecting to be okay. He will be all right.

Originally Posted by EXP100
There needs to be severe penalties for people like this. This moron put the lives of people in that metal tube in jeopardy. Until the Court system starts handing out significant sentences (like 10 years in jail) for these actions they will continue. Trash human beings tend to be like birds of a feather. In other words, the word gets around that assaulted an airline employee will mean you're going to big house for a long time.
Yup! 20 years in prison, not 10 years. Without a possibility of parole.

Originally Posted by thatmikereed
5 years in federal prison would be appropriate.
Actually, 20 years in federal prison, not 5 years. He will be charged with interfering of the flight crew.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by born sleepy
Disagree. If I'm at the front of the Y cabin and the aisle is blocked by FAs and their buggy, and I gotta go, I'm going. Otherwise I usually use the aft potty. Mostly.

I see Y pax using the F lav all the time, and nobody tries to stop them. If I'm in F, it doesn't bother me if Y pax use the forward lav.

But I would never assault anyone over it! Maybe a little side-eye...
According to one report it is a rule for international flights (I didn't verify) - so not applicable to domestic.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
duplicate

Last edited by estnet; Sep 23, 2022 at 11:37 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.