Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Advantage Desk Automated Call Back Not Working

Old Sep 21, 22, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-list and CP, AA Plat, Kimpton IC (RIP) Hertz PC

Is anybody else running into issues getting a call back from AA today (specifically the Platinum desk)? I requested a call back yesterday at 5pm when it was a 1.5 to 2 hour wait but it never came. Last night I called again and it was a 2.5 to 3.5 hour wait so I opted to schedule a call back for this morning at 815am CT but never received the call. I then requested another one at 830am when the system said 33-47 minutes and 2.5 hours later have not received a call back.

I'm trying to pay for a reservation because the website won't allow me to apply a travel credit which expires on 9/30 (the trip is for 9/28 returning 9/29 so no issues there).

I tried chat and twitter but they can't apply the credit to the reservation or have the platinum desk call me. Is my only option now to sit on hold for the 65-83 minutes the system is now quoting?
Old Sep 21, 22, 10:36 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
No specific experience with AA callback, but do you have any type of call blocking?
Old Sep 22, 22, 8:58 am

You might try just hanging on for the next available agent. I recently called Reservations (as PLT) and the recording said I could get a call back in 1.5 to 2 hours. I decided to stay on hold for the next agent and the agent came on in a few minutes! Perhaps a fluke, but it saved me a lot of time and patience!
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Sep 22, 22, 9:41 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I've noticed on Verizon the call back now says "Public Service" on the Caller ID. I wonder if you phone is blocking that?
Old Sep 22, 22, 12:48 pm

Worked fine for me today, T-Mobile number.

Called in early, 16-20 minute hold expected so I did a call-back and they range me in under 10 minutes.
Old Sep 25, 22, 6:59 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by ebuck View Post
You might try just hanging on for the next available agent. I recently called Reservations (as PLT) and the recording said I could get a call back in 1.5 to 2 hours. I decided to stay on hold for the next agent and the agent came on in a few minutes! Perhaps a fluke, but it saved me a lot of time and patience!
I had the exact same experience on 9/23, early AM PDT, calling the PLT line. Due to a delay later in the day I was given the opportunity to rebook on the app or website, but the choice I wanted wasn't available. After getting through the phone system trying to automate my flight choice by saying "live agent" the automated system said I could schedule a call-back in approx 1.5 - 2 hours. I stayed on the line and a few seconds after the automated system transferred me to the hold queue, a live agent picked up.

Search this Thread