Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possible end to 24 hold?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Does anyone know what AA's intentions are. Certain markets? Certain routes? Are they experimenting with end it? Seems very that nothing has been announced.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by econ
This would be the biggest issue for me. My success rate with using credits online when making a booking is greater than 0%, but much less than 100%.

Plus it will be a real pain booking complicated itineraries, not to mention I’ve caught AA phone agents quoting higher prices than what is offered on the website a few times this year.
Originally Posted by coxm
I had to call the Ex Plat desk yesterday to help with a change. The agent said that they are updating the software and that the hold button was coming back in the next couple of weeks.

obviously, only time will tell if that information is correct or not
Originally Posted by RDUflyer2
Yesterday was able to put two tickets on hold. One under my account (Exec Plat status) and the other on my wife's (no AA status).
I was trying to apply flight credits to each which I was not able to do so I had to call in. Nice to be able to hold the reservations and it made it easier for the agent and me!
This is one of the things I went through recently. Spent over 4hrs waiting for a call back, only for it to never come. I had a flight credit that was close to expire, couldn't get the reservation on hold, and had to keep refreshing the screen until I eventually gave up. Doing these flight credits online would be a blessing, but no, AA makes it that you have to call in, as if the phone agents need additional calls coming their way to handle, adding more calls for something that could be done online if given the option. Certainly not that user friendly.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by flyingron
I don't know how to do it online, but it still exists (last week) when you book via the platinum reservations phone line.
I’ve had the opposite experience. While the feature remained available via the website, reservations agents have consistently declined to offer the option. They clearly do have the capability because I’ve had a few say “well we’re not supposed to anymore but…”
Old Oct 15, 2022, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
No more 24 hour hold?

I am trying to book one way paid seats from DFW to MSY (New Orlean's, formerly Moissy Stock Yarrds) for 2 months from now. I do not see an option to hold. Is it no longer possible to hold? With sometimes ha ing a long phone hold time, this is a negative thing
Old Oct 15, 2022, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Yup. See - Possible end to 24 hold?
scoonee likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by golfingboy
This will be disappointing if AA ends the hold option. Sure we still can cancel within 24 hours but this will require more work for the customers both to book and to cancel.
I want go we flight credits, so I don't know if that would be refunded
Old Oct 17, 2022, 2:42 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
My non elite companion sees the hold option, but I (platinum) do not. Has anyone tried logging out of their aa account and/or trying different browser and then going through a booking process to the payment page to see if the hold option appears? if so, then hold it and call in to apply the credit (and add your FF number).
Old Oct 30, 2022, 4:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I booked a domestic basic economy fare the other day and got the hold option.
Just tried again with a normal domestic main cabin one and no option.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 11:10 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
Was booking a one way from PAP-JAX yesterday and was offered the hold option. Unfortunately did not need to hold it.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Saw the hold function yesterday and do not see it today.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Originally Posted by TravelLawyer
Saw the hold function yesterday and do not see it today.
I saw and used it yesterday as well as today. Canceled hold from yesterday as today there was a better routing and fare in F.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 9:55 pm

it's definitely still active
Old Nov 4, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by zoegksf
I saw and used it yesterday as well as today. Canceled hold from yesterday as today there was a better routing and fare in F.
It must be removed for me or whatever trackers they use for me. I do not see it. I had to message AA because I couldn't apply all the travel credits for my party and couldn't hold the itinerary. They had to re-create the booking and apply the credits.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Gold, National Exec, Hertz 5-Star
I tried a BE booking for mid-December and there was no Hold option available.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I use the "hold" feature extensively this week. So handy.
LovePrunes likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.