Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What’s your percentage of time being upgraded as EXP Executive Platinum?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What’s your percentage of time being upgraded as EXP Executive Platinum?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2022, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, CBP Global Entry, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by GNALUZU
Just got a text from my father as he is at the airport (PHX-LAX). He is #11 on the upgrade list as Exec Plat. There are 52 people on the upgrade list. Apparently, the new LP system is making it too easy to get status now.
Or people are just paying for it. Either booking it or taking the upgrade option which always seems to be offered after booking.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Just got a text from my father as he is at the airport (PHX-LAX). He is #11 on the upgrade list as Exec Plat. There are 52 people on the upgrade list. Apparently, the new LP system is making it too easy to get status now.
This is nothing new. I've been seeing 40+ upgrade lists on key routes for at least a decade.
LovePrunes and hbtr like this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: AA EP, IHG DIAMOND, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Pres Circle, Avis Pres club
Almost 100% (when I don't change to earlier flights within a day or 2 of the departure). DFW flyer. Mostly shorter (2-4 hour) direct flights 1-4x a week.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:37 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Depends on routing

Almost always X PHX=>CMH=>PHX, which is never.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
Originally Posted by kg07
Had another 3 of 4 clear well ahead of time for travel this week. Actually, I’ve never had them clear this early. My travel is on Wednesday and Thursday, and both Thursday segments cleared at about 120 hours ahead of time. I thought the window for executive platinum was 100 hours. Glitch maybe? Who cares, I love it!
maybe you got invited to CK!
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:52 am

5-10% for comp upgrades. 50% using SWU when waitlisted.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:41 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by olouie
Yikes.
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by olouie
Didn't think my crappy rate could be worsened. Sorry.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
Didn't think my crappy rate could be worsened. Sorry.
I basically value SWUs way less than before because they are so hard to use now. Could it have been better? Yeah probably if I picked less desirable flights but doesn’t matter that much anymore. Only route I consistently clear upgrades on is Sfo to lax but I rarely fly that anymore without Asia connections. Used to be able to clear Sfo to phx and Ord but not anymore with the schedule decreases.

To be fair I’m also flying AA less, maybe half of what I did precovid, so that factors in too. But been flying AS way more with much higher comp upgrade rate of around 80%. No transon lie flats is a bummer though.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Bonvoy
Just qualified for Exec Plat for the first time. Curious to see if I get upgraded on upcoming trips. Based out of ORD and have upcoming flights to SEA, LAS, and SBA. Fingers Crossed!
Old Sep 21, 2022, 5:27 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm doing very well this year: 68 upgrades on 79 eligible flights which is a 86% upgrade percentage. I also turned down a few upgrades when with family.

I've cleared my companions on 11/15 reservations which is 73.33%.

This is much higher than my 1K upgrade percentage (61%) and DL Platinum percentage (45%)
I had a rough weekend two weeks ago where I went 0/2 on two A-319s but last weekend I went 2/2 so now I'm 70/83 or 84.34%

As others have said, that's not new. In 2019 I was #10 on IAH-CLT, #11 on DFW-PHX and I think #12 once on CLT-RDU.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 7:01 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by bdhaliwa
My anecdotal observation from traveling for past 15 years is that one group of people is buying a lot of paid F seats domestically these days - retired boomer couples.
LOL so now Boomers are ruining my upgrade chances too!
Old Sep 21, 2022, 7:09 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Marriott(T)
Just got off a flight DFW>PIT I was 3rd on Upgrade list of ~30 behind 2 CK members (who also didn't get upgraded) Otherwise a fairly good upgrade rate of ca. 40%
Old Sep 21, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
what really bugs me about AA and the upgrade stuff... they will continue to try to sell seats in F.. even at the upgrades windows...
100hrs..etc... I understand that you want to make money.. its fine.. just tell your customers..
hey if you lucky land we dont try to up sell F until the day of the flight..you might get an upgrade
Old Sep 21, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: AAdvantage
I've noticed over the past month or so domestic F fares have gone up substantially. I was getting routes like MIA/ORD or MIA/DCA over the summer for between $800 and $900 rt. Those same routes now are in excess of $1.2K. I wonder if this will dampen F demand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.