Oasis Mitigation?

Old Sep 3, 22, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Oasis Mitigation?

Mrs. Aviators99 refuses to fly coach on an Oasis plane. This is getting way too expensive, especially with B6 canceling FLL-PHX. Does anyone have any recommendations for something I can buy to make her back more comfortable on these planes? Some sort of portable padding? Anyone try anything like that?
Old Sep 3, 22, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.5MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb PLT, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by aviators99 View Post
Mrs. Aviators99 refuses to fly coach on an Oasis plane. This is getting way too expensive, especially with B6 canceling FLL-PHX. Does anyone have any recommendations for something I can buy to make her back more comfortable on these planes? Some sort of portable padding? Anyone try anything like that?
- I suggest contacting American Airlines customer relations with this question.
Old Sep 3, 22, 6:57 pm

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond (*G), AA Plat, Korean Air Skypass MC (STE)
I always fly with an inflatable lumber pillow. I think its actually a backpacking pillow I got from REI but you can adjust how much its blown up and I find it works really well.
Purple also makes a really good seat cushion which Ive used before too.
aviators99, boss315 and ValleyEarl like this.
Old Sep 3, 22, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Alex_I View Post
- I suggest contacting American Airlines customer relations with this question.
Probably would leave out the part that it's causing me to buy all the F tickets :-)
Spanish, AAway and keyw like this.
Old Sep 4, 22, 7:20 am

Programs: AA, Marriott
I bring along a travel blanket, fold it in-half, and sit on it all-flight. Used to do this just with the onboard blanket, but it's hard to predict when those will be available in coach. It's probably not the best, but doesn't require inflating anything so very easy to setup.
Old Sep 4, 22, 7:23 am

Programs: AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by LittleBird View Post
Purple also makes a really good seat cushion which Ive used before too.
Looks like it's Wirecutter's pick. I wonder how well these recommendations adapt to a plane, both size and wieildiness.
Old Sep 4, 22, 10:05 am

Programs: UA Gold
simple answer would be a ticket on United or Delta.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Sep 4, 22, 11:18 am

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond (*G), AA Plat, Korean Air Skypass MC (STE)
Originally Posted by A321T View Post
Looks like it's Wirecutter's pick. I wonder how well these recommendations adapt to a plane, both size and wieildiness.
The lumbar pillow is definitely more low profile as it packs down to the size of a water bottle and easily fits in a carry-on/backpack/hand bag.
The purple cushion, not so much. Is more of a trade-off of needs/comfort vs carry-on baggage required
Old Sep 4, 22, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
Originally Posted by hotelboy View Post
simple answer would be a ticket on United or Delta.
The grass is not green over there...i tried
Old Sep 4, 22, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I've got a small 10"x10" pillow I kept from an Air China international flight, put a cover on it, and been using it for years to tuck behind the small of my back.

I just looked up FLL to PHX, and there are no direct flights except for Spirit Airline on a n A320 so are you taking a connection? There seem to be coach 1) AA flights on A321 so it means you need to be flexible on your flight schedule, and 2) Delta and United flights running 757 and A321; obvious a few 737's that you're trying to avoid. If status/miles isn't incredibly important to you, try Delta and United. If status/miles is incredibly important to you, you'll need to rearrange your flight schedule accordingly to fit the planes you want (or just cough up the money and she doesn't fly coach).
Old Sep 4, 22, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.5MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb PLT, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Probably would leave out the part that it's causing me to buy all the F tickets :-)
- Yes, of course, but add that this is causing you to buy tickets on Delta and United.
Old Sep 4, 22, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Raralith View Post
I've got a small 10"x10" pillow I kept from an Air China international flight, put a cover on it, and been using it for years to tuck behind the small of my back.

I just looked up FLL to PHX, and there are no direct flights except for Spirit Airline on a n A320 so are you taking a connection? There seem to be coach 1) AA flights on A321 so it means you need to be flexible on your flight schedule, and 2) Delta and United flights running 757 and A321; obvious a few 737's that you're trying to avoid. If status/miles isn't incredibly important to you, try Delta and United. If status/miles is incredibly important to you, you'll need to rearrange your flight schedule accordingly to fit the planes you want (or just cough up the money and she doesn't fly coach).
A bunch of AA flights MIA-PHX-MIA...Only 7 minutes farther driving to the airport.
Old Sep 4, 22, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
A bunch of AA flights MIA-PHX-MIA...Only 7 minutes farther driving to the airport.
Default date on Google Flights from MIA-PHX has A321's back and forth, no 737's in sight. Get a small lumbar pillow or pick better times.

Search this Thread