Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Carolyne Truelove named as new Vice President of Reservations and Customer Relations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Carolyne Truelove named as new Vice President of Reservations and Customer Relations

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2022, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite

AA announced today that "we’re excited to welcome Carolyne Truelove as our Vice President of Reservations and Customer Relations in just a few weeks. She’s built a career on delivering an excellent customer experience, and we can’t wait to welcome her to the #AAteam. Congratulations, Carolyne!"
She's an outside hire that is currently the Head of Global Fan ExperienceHead of Global Fan Experience at Fanatics, Inc. She was previously a VP of Customer Experience at Orbitz.
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/ameri...member_desktop
rt23456p likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Bon chance Carolyne!

In all seriousness, I wish her well.

Customer relations is a 5 alarm dumpster fire, and reservations is “No waivers, no favors”. Plus she has not had to deal with militant anti management unions. Good luck with that.

The fact that they are hireing out side both AA and the industry indicates either/or an acceptance of

(1) The fact “We (really) suck”.

(2). It is just a smokescreen for the same donkey dust, different day

(3). Or giving a certain CK blogger more ammunition to write positive puff pieces.

And In all seriousness, I wish her, and you all who still fly AA, well.
rt23456p, cmd320, becks1 and 2 others like this.

Last edited by Dallas49er; Aug 24, 2022 at 4:11 pm
Old Aug 24, 2022, 2:51 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
All of those points extremely valid. I have no idea who Fanatics, Inc. is, but Orbitz isn't exactly what comes to mind for excellent customer service.

Anyone know her email address so we know who to complain to when things go wrong in the future? Might as well get that documented now and save the trouble later.
becks1, wrp96, rt23456p and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by bchandler02
All of those points extremely valid. I have no idea who Fanatics, Inc. is, but Orbitz isn't exactly what comes to mind for excellent customer service.

Anyone know her email address so we know who to complain to when things go wrong in the future? Might as well get that documented now and save the trouble later.
You could try DMing her on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Cmckenya or InMailing her on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/carolynetruelove/
Old Aug 24, 2022, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Here's an interview with her if anyone's interested (not AA related):

She does respond to LinkedIn DMs or at least that's what got this interview set up!
rt23456p likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Describes herself as an "influencer" in her bio. Always a red flag.

As others have said, wish her well. She has her work cut out for her.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 4:27 pm

I'm not sure how the Fanatics, Inc. experience is relevant to airline reservations but good luck and best wishes to her.
cmd320 and rt23456p like this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 4:58 pm

Programs: 3RR, UA, BA, AA, HH, Marriott RW,
Originally Posted by js1993
Describes herself as an "influencer" in her bio. Always a red flag.......
Agree, if one has to say it, they're not!
Old Aug 24, 2022, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by js1993
Describes herself as an "influencer" in her bio. Always a red flag.

As others have said, wish her well. She has her work cut out for her.
Either you are an “Influencer” and people SAY you are, or, sadly, you have to let people know.

What’s the over and under? I give her, unfortunately, 12 months and a day, so the recruiter gets his fee.
keyw, cmd320 and rt23456p like this.

Last edited by Dallas49er; Aug 24, 2022 at 5:29 pm
Old Aug 24, 2022, 7:50 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
She's not the principal of Abbott Elementary?
cmd320, beachmouse and LovePrunes like this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 3:21 am

Programs: AA EXP DL Plat BONVOY LT Plat
Maybe AA needs some outside perspective. Let's give her a chance
Old Aug 25, 2022, 4:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
hopefully Nomen est Omen!
Old Aug 25, 2022, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FLL88
Maybe AA needs some outside perspective. Let's give her a chance
AA definitely needs some outside perspective. Agree - let's see how this goes and give her a chance.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
Either you are an “Influencer” and people SAY you are, or, sadly, you have to let people know.

What’s the over and under? I give her, unfortunately, 12 months and a day, so the recruiter gets his fee.
Doubt it. AA is not that dumb to easily fire someone from a minority group and then get hit with a lawsuit when the company is still defending sexual harassment lawsuits from their own flight attendants.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by fly747first
Doubt it. AA is not that dumb to easily fire someone from a minority group and then get hit with a lawsuit when the company is still defending sexual harassment lawsuits from their own flight attendants.
Plus why would she be fired? Poor performance and lack of success in the job? It's not like piss poor performance in reservations and customer relations is anything new at AA. She's unlikely to make things much worse than they already are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.