Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Carolyne Truelove named as new Vice President of Reservations and Customer Relations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Carolyne Truelove named as new Vice President of Reservations and Customer Relations

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2022, 1:20 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Herb687
Plus why would she be fired? Poor performance and lack of success in the job? It's not like piss poor performance in reservations and customer relations is anything new at AA. She's unlikely to make things much worse than they already are.
Exactly. It's a no-lose situation for her. If things improve, she's a savior. If things stay bad, people blame AA and not her.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by js1993
Describes herself as an "influencer" in her bio. Always a red flag.

As others have said, wish her well. She has her work cut out for her.
Originally Posted by bobnchi
Agree, if one has to say it, they're not!
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
Either you are an “Influencer” and people SAY you are, or, sadly, you have to let people know.
What’s the over and under? I give her, unfortunately, 12 months and a day, so the recruiter gets his fee.
Originally Posted by hotturnip
She's not the principal of Abbott Elementary?
You guys are pretty quick jumping on the hate wagon. Also, pretty biased without knowing anything about her.
Why such strong bias?

This is the full text of her bio on linkedin.

Wish her luck.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 2:31 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by carlosdca
You guys are pretty quick jumping on the hate wagon. Also, pretty biased without knowing anything about her.
Why such strong bias?
No "hate" or "bias" on my part. Just a lot of experience with self-declared "influencers" who really weren't.

As I said, I wish her well. As an AA customer, I certainly don't hope her areas get worse.
cmd320 likes this.

Last edited by js1993; Aug 26, 2022 at 2:36 pm
Old Aug 26, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by js1993
No "hate" or "bias" on my part. Just a lot of experience with self-declared "influencers" who really weren't.

As I said, I wish her well. As an AA customer, I certainly don't hope her areas get worse.
But she doesn't use the term "influencer" as stand-alone qualification, as we would understand it as in "youtube influencer" for example.
You are picking a word out of whole sentence/ paragraph. That's cherry picking/bias by definition.

You completely misrepresent what she actually says in her bio.
Out of a lot of things she says in her bio, you took one word with an apparent attempt to disqualify her.
cedric and BWISkyGuy like this.

Last edited by carlosdca; Aug 26, 2022 at 2:50 pm
Old Aug 26, 2022, 2:59 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
But she doesn't use the term "influencer" as stand-alone qualification, as we would understand it as in "youtube influencer" for example.
You are picking a word out of whole sentence/ paragraph. That's cherry picking/bias by definition.

You completely misrepresent what she actually says in her bio.
Out of a lot of things she says in her bio, you took one word with an apparent attempt to disqualify her.
Please.

If you have to tell people you're an influencer, you're not. It's like Thought Leader™ and other such corporate-speak nonsense.

Frankly, the word "influencer" is so silly, anyone who uses it in their bio is practically begging to be mocked.

She also claims to have 15 "specialties" in her bio. In my experience, anyone with 15 specialties actually has none.
cmd320 and EXP100 like this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 3:45 pm

Why such strong bias?
I actually just took up your suggestion and Googled her. Only three pages of results, none of which were all that enlightening, and exactly two Google News hits, both since 2021. That seems rather ... thin.

Perhaps she used a different name until very recently.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 5:32 pm

Is that her birth name? It sounds like a name for movies.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 7:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Why such strong bias?

This is the full text of her bio on linkedin.

Wish her luck.
I wish her luck.

😀However, she might be a late 2nd round/early 3rd round draft pick in my Fantasy “Buzzword Bingo” team.
cmd320 and js1993 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.