AA to add up to 60 CRJ-200s

Old May 3, 2024, 3:15 pm
  #166  
S80
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Airport Lounges (Usually in ORD and LHR)
Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,443
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
The CR2s have invaded PHL. This is worse than the lantern flies. Or maybe it happened a while ago and I am just finally unlucky enough to be routed on one.
They've been there since the beginning I believe, but it's just a few frequencies.
KBMIFlyer likes this.
S80 is offline  
Old May 3, 2024, 4:20 pm
  #167  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Posts: 1,497
Originally Posted by S80
They've been there since the beginning I believe, but it's just a few frequencies.
Interesting, cant believe I havent run into them before then, as I fly a lot of regional jets. I thought I recalled the initial press release saying they would all be based in ORD.
Mr. BoH is offline  
Old May 3, 2024, 4:52 pm
  #168  
S80
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Airport Lounges (Usually in ORD and LHR)
Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,443
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
Interesting, cant believe I havent run into them before then, as I fly a lot of regional jets. I thought I recalled the initial press release saying they would all be based in ORD.
They are, their trip just runs ORD-XXX-PHL-YYY-ORD
KBMIFlyer, AAway and Mr. BoH like this.
S80 is offline  
Old May 3, 2024, 8:29 pm
  #169  
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: PHL, NYC
Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Posts: 10,127
The AA wholly owned carriers (PDT, ENV, PSA) dont fly them. And the recent investors presentation had Isom telling everyone that their own regionals will be dumping the 50 seaters by 2030 in favor of the E175. PDT is the only wholly owned with the 50 seat E145. The others have either E175 or CRJ700/900.
PHL is offline  
Old May 3, 2024, 11:36 pm
  #170  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: DCA/IAD
Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Posts: 7,902
The E175/170 is such a world of difference than the CR2s. A. world. of. difference.
Spiff, AAway, Mr. BoH and 1 others like this.
IADCAflyer is offline  
Old May 3, 2024, 11:39 pm
  #171  
S80
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Airport Lounges (Usually in ORD and LHR)
Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,443
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
The E175/170 is such a world of difference than the CR2s. A. world. of. difference.
And CR7/9s, I can actually pretty much stand up in them.
Spiff, DataPlumber and Mr. BoH like this.
S80 is offline  
Old May 4, 2024, 4:49 am
  #172  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 692
Miss the ERJ 145, tight legroom but 1-2 configuration on the entire plane
ConstellationClass likes this.
footballfanatic is offline  
Old May 4, 2024, 6:51 am
  #173  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Posts: 1,497
Originally Posted by PHL
The AA wholly owned carriers (PDT, ENV, PSA) dont fly them. And the recent investors presentation had Isom telling everyone that their own regionals will be dumping the 50 seaters by 2030 in favor of the E175. PDT is the only wholly owned with the 50 seat E145. The others have either E175 or CRJ700/900.
Thats good but 2030 feels like a long way away. The E175s and CR9s are great for their purpose. But the E145 is painful and the CR2 is just awful. Would love to live in a world where all RJs are E175 or CR7/9 and I dont have to worry about checking every flight.
Spiff likes this.
Mr. BoH is offline  
Old May 4, 2024, 10:17 am
  #174  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
Posts: 1,242
Originally Posted by footballfanatic
Miss the ERJ 145, tight legroom but 1-2 configuration on the entire plane
If you're going to/from a small town, let's be realistic. The E145 is the best you are going to get. The alternatives are (in my ranking of better to worse): ATR/Q400, CR2, Saab, fewer frequencies, no service. And props are sadly gone in the US.
lrdpenn is offline  
Old May 4, 2024, 10:18 am
  #175  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: DCA/IAD
Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Posts: 7,902
Im not that worked up over the E145. 1x2 seating makes it bearable. One of the two flights were I was physically pained from sitting in a seat was a CR2 (SFO-BUR).
ConstellationClass likes this.
IADCAflyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.