Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Premium economy ticket, AA wants to seat me down the back

Premium economy ticket, AA wants to seat me down the back

Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:48 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Wyndham Gold, GE/CLEAR
Originally Posted by enviroian
It's technically a 788 or 789 right?

OP if don't want to wait until Q4 for a call back I would suggest sending a PM via twitter where they can help you usually within 10 minutes. I use them frequently.
According to their call center it is specifically a 788. I called them to change flights and it wouldn’t let me online last year, I explained I was changing my CVG-ORD to CVG-PHL-ORD since I had nowhere to be and “wanted to fly the 787”, agent’s response was “sir there’s no such thing as a 787 on any of these flights, there’s only a 788”.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold · VY apologist
Originally Posted by Microwave
If it's an IB-issued ticket, which it appears to be in this case, you'd want to change the FFN on their system, not on AA's. If you can't make the change on IB's terrible website, try looking up the IB PNR on the 'manage my booking' section of either AY's website or RJ's website; sometimes they work better for such things. Also, as an aside, the standard fare code for premium economy is W, not Y+.
Thanks for this tip! Unfortunately neither RJ nor AY sites would allow the IB 5-character PNR, but I did manage to change to the BA number in the Iberia app yesterday, and today I see it found its way to the booking on AA with the AA PNR so crossing my fingers that it will stay there. The IB app seems to be much better than their website.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.