Community
Wiki Posts
Search

November flight changes are loaded

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
This is weird....I had a really horrible flight leaving MIA at 5:30 am (chosen for price), it still exists but they have moved us to a much nicer 7 am! Why did they do that? (not that I'm complaining). Decent connection times in DFW on both.
Parkdesigner and EJRofChicago like this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 11:23 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Parkdesigner
Guess it's time to sit on hold again!
Got through this morning in 5 minutes. You can also always send them the changes you want via Twitter.
ryanbriar and Parkdesigner like this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Angry

Originally Posted by enviroian
I have an affected flight for my positioning flight for HEL in November. My flight has changed now dfw-jfk arriving 7:11 PM and my HEL flight doesn't leave until 11:50 PM. There is an earlier flight from DFW that gets in at 9:30 PM. I'll try to get that instead. For a related question is the FL or AC open until late?

I asked to change. Here is their response and here is EF seat map for that shows T0.

AA what are you doing here….maybe I should request them to unveil this secret “additional inventory” for EXP’s.

Old Aug 7, 2022, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Map

Old Aug 7, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
This is weird.... ...they have moved us to a much nicer (flight)...
I know, right?!

Just as a data point for those looking to make a change - called in right after I posted here, call back was listed at 21 mins - I opted to hold and was through in less than 10.
Super helpful AAgent... before I could say anything she greeted me with a hello and "are you calling about your Nov XX flight?" We talked options and in 5 mins I and the Mrs. were rebooked on far better flight options (better schedule, connection, and equipment).

Not sure what's changed or if it was an anomaly, but I found today's AA experience a refreshing change from the norm!
(Here's hoping you millages don't vary!)
BERGBRLY likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 11:47 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Aeroplan 25k, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Did literally every upcoming flight change? My flight home from on Thanksgiving Friday afternoon had departure time change by one minute, arrival time by two minutes, and flight number changed. Like...I am genuinely curious to know how changes that have precisely zero bearing on when I'll get to the originating airport, get to my own front door, or experience in flight all fit into the larger puzzle.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LOL

Old Aug 7, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: BAEC
LOL

I would definitely HUCA. There doesn't need to be space in the original fare bucket, at least on cash fares. I can't imagine this is different for award tickets. I often book I class fares 6 months out. There are inevitably schedule changes. If these are only a month or two out, there is never any I inventory left and never had an issue getting on a flight as long as there are seats for sale.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by lalala
My non stop sea-lhr flights are now connects -- the schedule is all over the place. Is there a way I can see what days the flights 155/156 are actually scheduled to fly?
Looks like 156 SEA-LHR runs daily through 11/17, then stops running completely for 12 days before returning daily on 11/29. Not uncommon for AA and the other airlines to reduce international around Thanksgiving.
lalala likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 3:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Looks like the two SWO - DFW flights are still scheduled to be upgauged to CRJ700s (operated by Skywest) on November 3. They've been Envoy E140 and 145s since service began in ~2015. Not that much more capacity, but a pretty dramatic shift in terms of seat-type (classless 3 MCE, 44 main cabin --> 9F, 16 MCE,40 main cabin).

Will be curious to see how 18 F seats do a day to one of the smallest airports in the system with few elites. Could be prime for op-ups on the usually full evening flight back/morning flight out.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
My November flight connecting through Dallas went from a 2hr 25min connection to a 6 hour connection. FRA - DFW - LBB. No other options for either leg. Could drive to LBB from DFW in less time but not really an option for me this day lol.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 5:34 am
HGH

All my November flights changed: some had to be rebooked, others are manageable. I had a 30 minute wait for phone help Sunday morning, and was taken care of no problem.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 5:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
LOL

Haha. On one hand they're being honest regarding the defacto state of expanded award availability, although you should point them to this screenshot which clearly shows it's still a published benefit for EXPs:
-FlyerBeek
Old Aug 8, 2022, 5:56 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by shellyphl
Also appreciate this post, big changes for me too. 3 of my 4 PHL-MIA-HAV segments had changed and AA93 (ZRH-PHL) is gone entirely. Hopefully the latter get added back in.
Interesting. I have a AA92 and AA93 set in November that have not changed. It looks like for the mid part of November that AA92 goes to Su,M,W,Th and AA93 on November 30 goes back to daily.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Won the lottery this time, EYW-LGA-DCA changed to EYW-DCA direct. The direct was ~$250 more expensive than the connection when I booked it.
wrp96, ryanbriar and Parkdesigner like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.