Wiki Posts
Search

AA really “tick”ed me off

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2022, 8:24 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
in all seriousness, were you able to fully remove it? Or was it not yet fully burrowed into your skin? Would be hard to be sure there's no part left in when you can't actually see it. If you happened to save the tick there are services you can send it to for analysis to make sure it's not Lyme or something that could be problematic.
platbrownguy and fdog like this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 8:42 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by Kawliga
I think the incoming flight was from the East coast. I rarely see ticks in the DFW area, but if they’re akin to cockroaches, they’re built to survive the apocalypse and could easily survive a 108 degree drought.
Yeah, but ticks don't 'travel' like cockroaches do. It had to get there attached to someone (or their pet, which I think may be the most likely thing unless you yourself just walked through some grass).
When ticks hatch, they basically go up the grass it was born on and waits for something to brush past.
I have tons of ticks in the woods around my house, but I will never see them in the house unless a cat got out and brings one on their fur coming back in.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 8:51 am

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by fotographer
I would be really ticked off
I thought the problem was being ticked on, rather than off.
fotographer likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: AAdvantage since 1984; AA PLT - 2MM; WN CP; SPG Gold
Should have asked for the amenity with the Hartz flea & tick collar
Old Jul 21, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: AS MVP, A3*S
All these delays are really getting under my skin.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: Does Non Rev count?
Whatever you do, don't complain to the airline. They may charge you a "bloodwork" fee.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 12:34 pm

Talking

GROAN!!!! Too funny.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PlatPro, AS
Originally Posted by enviroian
Is this thread for real or a joke?

It’s real… bleh.

Originally Posted by PHL
in all seriousness, were you able to fully remove it? Or was it not yet fully burrowed into your skin? Would be hard to be sure there's no part left in when you can't actually see it. If you happened to save the tick there are services you can send it to for analysis to make sure it's not Lyme or something that could be problematic.
It hadn’t burrowed in yet. At first I thought I was just touching the mole on my neck, but it felt too big. Reached again and it was in a different spot. I threw it on the floor and crushed it with a pen, but I also emailed CS with the flight info so they can give the plane an inspection. Where there’s one, there’s probably more.
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PlatPro, AS
Originally Posted by MarkOK
Yeah, but ticks don't 'travel' like cockroaches do. It had to get there attached to someone (or their pet, which I think may be the most likely thing unless you yourself just walked through some grass).
When ticks hatch, they basically go up the grass it was born on and waits for something to brush past.
I have tons of ticks in the woods around my house, but I will never see them in the house unless a cat got out and brings one on their fur coming back in.
The only one in recent years I’ve had to remove (off of us or a pet) was on my husband’s neck after trimming trees during a fairly wet spring. The pet theory was my first thought, but if it dropped off, hopefully it wasn’t because a crevice under the carpet or seat was an enticing place to lay eggs. I had that happen with fleas, and it took several fumigations and carpet cleanings to get them all out.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 4:24 pm

Oh deer.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 7:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP, A3*S
The whole situation sucks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.