Search

Flight to Québec City on AA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, United, British Airways, Alaska Air
Flight to Québec City on AA

Hello,
I just purchased a flight from ORD to YQB (one way since I'm thinking about flying back from YUL), and it's talking about having to take a Covid test prior to leaving:

Screenshot from AA app

I'm a bit confused about this as YQB is not one of the airports where there are testing requirements when entering Canada. Is this an AA requirement?

My trip is in September (and I'll comply if it's required), but just curious if this is normal.

Thank you!

(mods, please feel free to move this thread if it should be elsewhere)

Last edited by EtoileFilante; Jul 19, 2022 at 4:41 pm
Old Jul 19, 2022, 9:11 am

I think these are generic messages -- did you click through and select your destination (YQB)?

Originally Posted by EtoileFilante
Hello,
I just purchased a flight from ORD to YQB (one way since I'm thinking about flying back from YUL), and it's taking about having to take a Covid test prior to leaving:

Screenshot from AA app

I'm a bit confused about this as YQB is not one of the airports where there are testing requirements when entering Canada. Is this an AA requirement?

My trip is in September (and I'll comply if it's required), but just curious if this is normal.

Thank you!

(mods, please feel free to move this thread if it should be elsewhere)

Last edited by Microwave; Jul 19, 2022 at 9:36 am Reason: Removed quote of gargantuan screenshot
Old Jul 19, 2022, 11:30 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
No testing needed.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 12:32 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by seawolf
No testing needed.
Right, this ended in June I think.

Is YQB a new route for AA? Last year I had to go on AC from YYZ.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 1:42 pm

I see a number of PHL-YQB flights operated by Piedmont Airlines As American Eagle and ORD-YQB operated by Envoy.
Originally Posted by born sleepy
Old Jul 19, 2022, 3:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by MarkY123
I see a number of PHL-YQB flights operated by Piedmont Airlines As American Eagle and ORD-YQB operated by Envoy.
Must be new then, or maybe seasonal (this was in the dead of winter).
Old Jul 19, 2022, 3:16 pm

Seasonal -- there are no scheduled flights between Sun Oct 30, 2022 and Wed May 31, 2023.
Antarius and ernestnywang like this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 3:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
PHL-YQB has been around for a long, long time, going back to the US Airways days.
lowfareair and aztimm like this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Right, this ended in June I think.

I was wondering the same thing. AA gutted its flights to Canada years ago, well before the pandemic, and YQB seems to be a very undesirable route for US air carriers in general (probably because it's small, it's not a business hub, it's far from the border, it's cold, they speak - gasp! - French...)

Even from NYC, I think UA has just one nonstop from EWR, and if I recall correctly it's at terrible times; seems to be targeted to get people from Quebec to/from other destinations using the EWR hub.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, United, British Airways, Alaska Air
Thank you to all who replied - since my flight doesn't take off for awhile, I suppose I'll let it be for now and hope that this generic statement is removed from the app since it sounds like it shouldn't have appeared to start with.

Last edited by EtoileFilante; Jul 19, 2022 at 6:26 pm Reason: typos
Old Jul 20, 2022, 6:46 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
While a test is not required, you do have to complete the ArriveCan app prior to checking in for your flight, which includes
uploading your vaccination certificate and providing a quarantine location if needed.
EtoileFilante likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.