Wiki Posts
Search

AA to launch JFK-MEX

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
My experience has been different, and I've flown them a fair amount in the past several years. I've had some perfectly fine flights, and think the 787-9 is a nice ride. My big beef is the not the onboard product.
My experience (admittedly, all pre-pandemic) is that AM is a perfectly fine airline while you're in the plane - hard and soft product pretty much on a par with DL or the main European airlines (in other words, much better than what you're likely to get on AA these days). The problem, as I understand it - and this has never happened to me - is that if you have a problem like a cancellation or missed flight, you will be plunged into one of Dante's circles of hell. But that, I would respectfully argue, is simply par for the course in Latin America, and Mexico specifically. And let's be honest - it's not like AA is handling customer recovery well these days, so it's pretty much a wash.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Timing of the flight is awful, but I've rebooked my trip to Mex through JFK instead of DFW, total duration is a wash, but JFK-MEX earns 140 TP, which is worth it to me. But NOT doing that return flight, that's just gross. Extra bonus: BOS-JFK on the 32B for about an hour in "Flagship-except-not" First!
Old Jul 17, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
The timings of this flight are absolutely dreadful with a subpar product, granted its unrealistic to expect a widebody on the route. I would consider the outbound if it left between 3 and 5. A return departing around 3 or 4 would be ideal.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 11:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
The timings of this flight are absolutely dreadful with a subpar product, granted its unrealistic to expect a widebody on the route. I would consider the outbound if it left between 3 and 5. A return departing around 3 or 4 would be ideal.
I guess my "outbound" you mean ex-JFK, but yes, that one is somewhat useable. The "return" (as you're calling it) is not ideal. However, your suggestions is unreasonable, as it would require two planes. What they should be doing is ex-JFK in the AM, returning to JFK in the evening. But, they're clearly just trying to use a plane that's sitting unused.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
I guess my "outbound" you mean ex-JFK, but yes, that one is somewhat useable. The "return" (as you're calling it) is not ideal. However, your suggestions is unreasonable, as it would require two planes. What they should be doing is ex-JFK in the AM, returning to JFK in the evening. But, they're clearly just trying to use a plane that's sitting unused.
Agreed. You are correct in the nomenclature. I know my unrealistic schedule would require a second A/C.
BlooJoo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.