Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flight cancelled to MIA, Vacation ruined, paltry compensation

Flight cancelled to MIA, Vacation ruined, paltry compensation

Old Jul 6, 2022, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
i thought it was Brett K .
Nah, he said "I LIKE BEER!", which is now more noticeable by recent 6-3 decisions.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
i thought it was Brett K .
Nah, he said "I LIKE BEER!", which is now more noticeable by recent 6-3 decisions.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by bimmerfreak0
Not to conflate further as everyone here has made valid points, but to my knowledge the chase Sapphire reserve, as good as it is, would not cover this as it isn't weather or terrorist or the other covered reasons. I'm just pissed aa said "oh here's a refund a week or two later no biggie" kind of deal. It was a big deal for me. And as far as the gent on one week deals, you obviously don't have kids. Good day sir!
Did you just sit and wait to see if you got something from AA? or tried to contact the hotel at all?

OT, arn't there nice beaches you can drive to? Having kids has nothing to do with choosing a convenient getaway.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 6:14 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by carlosdca
Did you just sit and wait to see if you got something from AA? or tried to contact the hotel at all?

OT, arn't there nice beaches you can drive to? Having kids has nothing to do with choosing a convenient getaway.
Yeah, I think having kids makes me *less* likely to do a Thursday midnight to Monday dawn trip!!
Auto Enthusiast and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 5:30 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Yeah, I think having kids makes me *less* likely to do a Thursday midnight to Monday dawn trip!!
Local hotels in NC were running 350-600 a night. Curacao was $200. Add in the blue water, quiet (no cruise ships the entire time we were supposed to be there), I'd say it was supposed to be worth it.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 6:17 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by bimmerfreak0
Local hotels in NC were running 350-600 a night. Curacao was $200. Add in the blue water, quiet (no cruise ships the entire time we were supposed to be there), I'd say it was supposed to be worth it.
not sure what that post has to do with my response to your suggestion that people with kids understand taking a late night Thursday to early morning Monday trip. Regardless, I'm sure you had your reasons. And there were risks as well, which now you've seen. It may have even been worth the risk! But if you book a late night Thursday to early morning Monday trip to Curacao, there's a risk something will go wrong and make the trip in vain versus and be less worthwhile than a more expensive local trip.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.