Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Why don't Admirals Club staff enforce Admirals Club house rules

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why don't Admirals Club staff enforce Admirals Club house rules

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2022, 8:58 am

You get an atta boy from me OP. The lack of use of headphones for listening to media or talking on the phone is rude and inconsiderate to those in the vacinity. I use ACs all over the country. It's not unusual to observe this behavior.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: Delta DM, Starwood Gold, HHonors Gold
This is why in my first corporate job (in biotech) we were trained to always use code names for any prospective deal. This was back when cell phones were still novelties but even more true today with rampant video calls.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by enviroian
that’s awesome.

I would have also video bombed her teams call.
Used to travel 80% business. Without MrsDallas49er.

Now that I’m retired, and traveling100% with her, so if I want to have a good trip, I just shut up in situations where I would have either brought in staff or made a “suggestion”.

Domestically, I have noticed a noticeable dramatic uptick in entitled, oblivious “lounge jerks” (children optional but a force multiplier).

Internationally, lounges (ex US airlines) still populated by the same travelers of the past-quiet, unobtrusive, ........
ulxima and apeortdz like this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 4:26 pm

Programs: Delta, United, American, Norwegian, Southwest, Frontier, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Reasonable has nothing to do with it. Remember this? https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/28/u...rnd/index.html
Entirely different situation.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I'm glad that the OP enforced the rules.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 6:03 pm

Yet another practitioner of aggressive rudeness

Common decency by the practitioner of aggressive rudeness would have precluded the OP from having to ask her to show some courtesy. Some folks perpetually fall into the category of "why we can't enjoy nice things". One shouldn't have to ask this of a civilized adult.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 6:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Blumie
Yes, you’re right, you could have been nicer
LOL, my first thought was, "He was nicer than I would've been".
SFflyer20 likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: Free agent AAdvantage LT GLD
if I makes you happy my rowdy party was asked to quiet down while we were sitting at the bar at an AC in PHX. they were right that we were being too loud and we shut up
Redhead, Antarius, Uzzar and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
Apart from the front entrance staff, the staff are contracted and are not paid enough to cause a fuss.
Whether that is acceptable is an entirely separate debate, but they are definitely not going to confront any patrons for screaming children/speaker phone use, etc.
In my personal experience, even alerting the front staff at CLT does not result in any action being taken against the offending parties.
Antarius likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 12:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Uzzar
Apart from the front entrance staff, the staff are contracted and are not paid enough to cause a fuss.
Whether that is acceptable is an entirely separate debate, but they are definitely not going to confront any patrons for screaming children/speaker phone use, etc.
In my personal experience, even alerting the front staff at CLT does not result in any action being taken against the offending parties.
It's understandable, if regrettable. People in the US (like many other places) are increasingly entitled and emboldened to act in an unhinged manner these days. A dangerous cocktail.
WeekendTraveler likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 3:02 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Hi folks - please stay on topic and be respectful. Dozens of posts have been removed because they’ve deviated from the topic at hand or devolved into bickering/personal attacks. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation. /Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.