Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Newbie to airline miles/points - school me

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie to airline miles/points - school me

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2022, 9:10 am

OP: i suggest this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ee-thread.html

Read and learn, then come back with specific questions
Snookums likes this.

Last edited by Microwave; Jun 29, 2022 at 12:28 pm Reason: Removed quote of deleted post, edited formatting
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rove312
Since Columbia airport has limited service, you could also look into flying to STL and using a shuttle service
Thank you! We flew into STL a few weeks ago and had looked into Super Shuttle (doesn't exist there) and Uber ($$) - these prices are reasonable. Have you used this service before?
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thatmikereed
A few qualifiers:
  • How often will you travel and where from? I'm going to guess every 2-3 months or so.
  • Are you flexible on which days of the week you travel? Yes
  • Where else do you plan to go/travel? How often? Not really anywhere else at this time!
  • Will one/both of you be checking bags? No. We are pretty good at carry-on only.
  • Are you buying coach or first class seats? Could be either, depending on prices.
  • How much OTHER spend could you put on the card (total monthly spend on normal things you can pay off each month)? Gosh, as much as is beneficial. I suppose I could even make my mortgage payment with the card and then pay that off?
  • What's your goal? Upgrades? Miles for free flights? Not paying baggage fees? Free flights. 100%.

Last edited by Snookums; Jul 16, 2022 at 5:04 am Reason: To highlight my answers
Old Jul 16, 2022, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by Snookums
Thank you! We flew into STL a few weeks ago and had looked into Super Shuttle (doesn't exist there) and Uber ($$) - these prices are reasonable. Have you used this service before?
I haven't used the MoX shuttle; I've heard people say it's ok.
Snookums likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.