Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aa 1092 aus-jfk

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Aa 1092 aus-jfk

I’m Austin based and travel to NYC a fair bit. My best option for non stop flights take me to JFK. The above mentioned flight fits well with my schedule but is very often delayed. Usually when delayed it seems these are serious delays of 1-2+ hours. Anyone have any idea why this is the case? So curious if anyone has any kind of explanation or if this flight is just snakebit.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 6:32 am

NYC air space is often saturated, and that can lead to ground stops on flights taking off. My best advice is that if you need to be somewhere in NYC at a particular time, then consider a delay to be a certainty and take an earlier flight.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

I almost always fly in a day ahead anyway. Been taking a connection instead and going to a different airport. Been relatively reliable but the timing of this is just so perfect for my schedule I’m hoping it will become more reliable as the year progresses. We shall see. Thanks for the reply.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 11:54 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I also travel to NY pretty frequently. I am on a connecting flight as often as not because the nonstops often sell out in F prior to any upgrade window or just sell out period. I haven't noticed the nonstops being more delay prone than any others. B6 would theoretically be a good nonstop alternative but I have avoided them this year because they have massive reliability problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.