Check your BA-AA bookings

Old Jun 23, 2022, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; JX: Explorer; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
Check your BA-AA bookings

With all the fun at LHR in the news, I checked my AA-BA award booking and saw that the last leg, LHR-NCE, had disappeared. (Who am I kidding? I bet I'm not the only one who checks on their reservations almost every day.) Called EP line; less than an hour to get a rep. She's dealing with a BA liaison to rebook me, but it sounds like hoops to jump through. Next later flight has no J award space, following flight does. AA rep said may not get confirmation of rebooking until Monday. Fingers crossed.
BERGBRLY likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Wonder if this is confirmation that AA is indeed moving to LHR and what were formerly legal connections are now no longer legal.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; JX: Explorer; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Wonder if this is confirmation that AA is indeed moving to LHR and what were formerly legal connections are now no longer legal.
Looking at BA's website, my original LHR-NCE flight is no longer listed for that date. Not sure if this had anything to do with AA's LHR terminal move plans. Was BA JFK-LHR and LHR-NCE.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
It’s likely to have to do neither it’s hypothetical terminal plans nor with strikes which dates aren’t announced yet. Probably so far just schedule adjustment due to staff shortage which all uk based airlines have had to concede.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 1:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by ramcm7
. Next later flight has no J award space, following flight does. AA rep said may not get confirmation of rebooking until Monday. Fingers crossed.
I'm sure you know that BA's version of, "Club Europe," is simply a blocked middle seat? There will be free booze if you drink, and probably a meal too. But otherwise, the same exact seats on the entire aircraft. They just adjust the curtain. For an hour flight, it might be better to simply take the next available flight than wait for J space.
ramcm7, merlin90, FAA1996 and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
heathrow and gatwick bosses have been asking all airlines for capacity cuts in the next month due to operation issues, not BA specific nor UK specific and has nothing to do with hearsay about moving terminals i'd wager.

these airport cuts are rather frequent stories here in the UK press for the last few weeks as the full onslaught of summer travel began.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 7:56 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
With all the fun at LHR in the news, I checked my AA-BA award booking and saw that the last leg, LHR-NCE, had disappeared. (Who am I kidding? I bet I'm not the only one who checks on their reservations almost every day.) Called EP line; less than an hour to get a rep. She's dealing with a BA liaison to rebook me, but it sounds like hoops to jump through. Next later flight has no J award space, following flight does. AA rep said may not get confirmation of rebooking until Monday. Fingers crossed.
what date is your LHR-NCE?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hp12c
what date is your LHR-NCE?
10 July 2022
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
10 July 2022
What was the flight #

Two AA codeshares show as cancelled - this happens on BA flights that cancel and but AA reflects the original flight as cancelled - this is fairly normal for how AA books and supports BA flights. You're reading too much into this. Contact AA reservations and ask them to correct the missing flight and put you on a later/earlier flight that is legal. As BA is stretched right now - you should also have AA investigate a connection with AF, they resume LHR-NCE on July 9th

Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:16 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by NickP 1K
What was the flight #

Two AA codeshares show as cancelled - this happens on BA flights that cancel and but AA reflects the original flight as cancelled - this is fairly normal for how AA books and supports BA flights. You're reading too much into this. Contact AA reservations and ask them to correct the missing flight and put you on a later/earlier flight that is legal.

Am I understanding EF correctly in that all flights have all fare class availability zeroed out, meaning all the flights that day will likely end up being cancelled (or not, but are just oversold)?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by hp12c
Am I understanding EF correctly in that all flights have all fare class availability zeroed out, meaning all the flights that day will likely end up being cancelled (or not, but are just oversold)?
They are not zero'd out but are full - I had this on FCO flights this last week also - you will see C/J relax and open up and some Y over time. This is because BA has moved pax from cancelled flights to the ones remaining.

Also - just looked - ONE option - have AA terminate you at LHR and PAY for an AF LHR-NCE flight on the 10th - 5:35PM - ~$249 in economy
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:23 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by NickP 1K
They are not zero'd out but are full - I had this on FCO flights this last week also - you will see C/J relax and open up and some Y over time. This is because BA has moved pax from cancelled flights to the ones remaining.

Also - just looked - ONE option - have AA terminate you at LHR and PAY for an AF LHR-NCE flight on the 10th - 5:35PM - ~$249 in economy
Good to know. Thanks. I am tracking LHR-FCO closely as I have an upcoming flight on July 9. Not cancelled yet, and it kind of seems like they’re leaving the weekend BA548 untouched most weeks, so fingers are crossed that holds and there are no IRROPS
Old Jun 24, 2022, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
London Nice flights are routinely booked up in July August (and not infrequently at some specific points in May, June, September and ad hoc peak dates the rest of the year). It’s an extremely busy routes, one of the only ones Ba kept serving even during the darkest parts of Covid lockdowns.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NickP 1K;[url=tel:34363911
34363911[/url]]What was the flight #

Two AA codeshares show as cancelled - this happens on BA flights that cancel and but AA reflects the original flight as cancelled - this is fairly normal for how AA books and supports BA flights. You're reading too much into this. Contact AA reservations and ask them to correct the missing flight and put you on a later/earlier flight that is legal. As BA is stretched right now - you should also have AA investigate a connection with AF, they resume LHR-NCE on July 9th

Was on BA 354, originally at 15:20. Just got confirmation I am now on BA 356 at 17:45 in J.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.