Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA DFW-LHR flight delays

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
The tube is on strike as well today. I think that he did the right thing as getting from LHR must be a nightmare today and it is highly likely that there are few hotels to be had around Heathrow
Yes, the HEX was on the twice hourly schedule on Saturday, but fortunately I avoided the shutdown. That said, car rentals were fully booked so I was happy I booked one two weeks back.

Originally Posted by guy999
so i was yelled at for walking through the galley as well years ago. really gave me a bad taste in my mouth for years. just flew J to paris and back, the only way to go to the loo on the other side of the plane is to go through the galley there is no other way. Kinda wondering when my apology is coming. that being said I had the best flight attendant I have ever had on the way to paris, helpful funny, man I thought I was flying private.

I wish I got his name because if anyone deserves kudos he does.

I didn't want to ask his name when we were leaving because I felt like it would be a bit forward but now I wish I had because I can't give someone a great review to aa if I don't know their name.
Similar happened to me about five years ago HND-LAX where this very young FA went in on me. I got his name and called up noting that having someone basically yell at you is not the best way to treat a premium passenger who spends significant coin. Ended receiving 25k miles and a profuse apology. I also mentioned that the outbound crew was openly complaining about having to work the fourth.

If there’s great service, I’ll grab their name if I don’t know it, and let them know I’ll tweet in (apparently Tweets are passed along to management).

Originally Posted by econ
Not sure which, but I may have HUCA after hearing that response.

I got rebooked on BA F once (pre-covid) on a cleared J to F SWU that got irrop'd on day of travel.
I once had this happen about three months prior to departure. I subsequently called in about a new change (not that flight) and the agent noticed I was in F on BA using a SWU and made a point of letting me know that shouldn’t have been allowed.

Originally Posted by lightbulbs
Back when AA was still flying to HKG I remember people here hoping all the time the flight would go IRROP so they could be reaccomodated on CX (which isn’t even a JV partner.)
My Jan. ‘20 HKG-LAX flight was delayed several hours. Unfortunately F space on CX to the US was zero’d out as it was just after the holidays and the DFW flight was also delayed. Meant a lot more time at FFD, but a redeye to JFK.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by carlosdca
​​​​​​Looking at this route for an upcoming trip.
what is "some"?
Once a week. 3 times in the last 21 days?
Or??
81 lhr-dfw canceled last two days in a row due to mx. ...? I knew the 787 was a bucket of bolts but now the 77W? Come on AA
mnhusker likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:21 pm

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
Originally Posted by enviroian
81 lhr-dfw canceled last two days in a row due to mx. ...? I knew the 787 was a bucket of bolts but now the 77W? Come on AA
The 77Ws got a lot of wear and tear at the height of the pandemic with excessive DFW-LAX , MIA-LAX , and JFK-MIA domestic routes.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM
I was switched over to BA on an SWU-upgraded ticket as recently as last December.
CLT Admirals Club did it for me -- cancellation was a "crew staffing" excuse.

I'd have insisted / HUCA'd / found a live person at DFW.

BA can be just as inconsistent, but usually with a pleasant attitude.

Bill

eta - I forgot... they also did the same for me on a purchased business ticket in March due to weather
unfortunately, you got one of the sub-par phone agents
enviroian likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.