Upgraded T-Mobile Internet on AA

Old May 31, 2023, 7:36 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond
This has honestly been one of the most convoluted partnerships... Originally T-Mobile partnered with GoGo a LONG time ago, hence why it still works on Gogo aircraft. T-Mobile in the original press event back in 22 answered a journalist' question on if it would eventually roll out to all AA flights, and they said yes. Clearly it works with Viasat on United.... so is it a matter of the software being updated and then actually updated on each aircraft?

It's been the biggest tease of a benefit for American Airlines. Delta clearly took advantage of the opportunity to get TMO to foot some of the bill for the free wifi promo campaign.

Just saw this on the AA homepage today, and I've never seen AA specifically mention T-Mobile, so maybe we're closer to actually seeing this materialize for AA? Surely industry pressure from Delta will push for free wifi from the rest of them at some point.
bchandler02 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 8:44 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I can confirm. T-Mobile Wi-Fi has rolled out to viasat equipped planes now. I am posting inflight.

It was not available when I flew out Monday 5/29 LAX to DCA. But return flight DCA to LAX has it.

multiple confirmations on Reddit as well. Looks like it rolled out June 1.

Im on a new A321neo.

Edit: added speed test. 60Mb down and 1Mb up.

dw likes this.

Last edited by RedElmo; Jun 3, 2023 at 11:43 am
Old Jun 3, 2023, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Interesting. Is it still only one hour?
Old Jun 3, 2023, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
Interesting. Is it still only one hour?
No. Full inflight for me. But depends on your plan. Max and Plus gets full in flight. Regular Magenta and Regular Go5G and other older plans get 1 hour and 4 full flights a year.
dw, enviroian and sushanna1 like this.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 11:17 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold, AMEX Plat, US CP
And you don't even need to be a tmobile customer, just enter a tmobile phibe number and your phone will connect. They don't verify the number you enter is the actual number your phone is.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 11:27 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by william142
And you don't even need to be a tmobile customer, just enter a tmobile phibe number and your phone will connect. They don't verify the number you enter is the actual number your phone is.
At one point a few years ago TMobile did a test to make people verify the number entered by sending a verification text but I think that was abandoned
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by william142
At one point it did ask for a text verifications. Hence the reason they asked people to connect and make a Wi-Fi call on the ground before a flight.

Currently it does not ask. Im guessing they may implement it back if people abuse it and start using other peoples 4 sessions. And then when the actual person of the phone number tires to use it and realizes they have 0 sessions left.

Old Jun 11, 2023, 2:24 pm

International?

This is for domestic flights only?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.