Upgraded T-Mobile Internet on AA

Old Oct 13, 2022, 10:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA-*G, AA-Exec P, IHG-Gold, Bonvoy-Ambassador
I had LAX - MEX - DFW - SJU last week and A319s, A320s had T-Mobile button to sign in. A321 from DFW - SJU had ViaSat - no luck.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
FYI I noticed yesterday on a flight that the 20 minute comped WiFi sessions are gone.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
No luck yesterday on two segments: LHR - CLT and CLT - RSW. Forked over $29 to Panasonic for the former flight and skipped $12 fee on the two-hour later one.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, BonVoy Gold, BW Diamond, RR Premium
Originally Posted by enviroian
FYI I noticed yesterday on a flight that the 20 minute comped WiFi sessions are gone.
These are random, I am finding out. They rotate between flights. Flew DFW-MCI on an overnight trip. On my way I had them;l on my way back I did not. What's funny is that my FA announced that we could have 20 minutes free, so even she didn't know.
enviroian likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Anyone know if T-Mobile has upgraded their free wifi to cover the intercontinental A320neo yet? LAX to DCA
Old Feb 3, 2023, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I forgot. Does the T-Mobile access only apply to phone access or can you use it on your laptop because you are a T-Mobile customer?
Old Feb 4, 2023, 1:50 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan - MVP Gold
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
I forgot. Does the T-Mobile access only apply to phone access or can you use it on your laptop because you are a T-Mobile customer?
The T-Mobile button will only appear if the site thinks you're on a phone.

With that being said, there are plenty of ways to make it think you're on a phone from your laptop (search for user agent switcher). Alternatively, if your phone supports sharing wifi via a hotspot you connect with your phone and then share to your laptop, that's what I usually do.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 8:57 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Any word on this working? I find this should not have been announced with such fanfare, if T-Mobile wasnt ready for prime time. And yes, they said it was limited flights, but thats the same as before its now been more than 6 months since the announcement.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 11:38 am

Edit: looks like im on a GOGO equipped A319...bummer
Old post Call me crazy but I'm on a airbus A319 on got free wifi via tmobile... I am assuming this is a viasat equipped plan which would be the first time the tmobile access has worked!
any way to check if it's gogo or viasat?

Last edited by jimmyz1; Feb 10, 2023 at 11:49 am
Old Feb 10, 2023, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by jimmyz1
Call me crazy but I'm on a airbus A319 on got free wifi via tmobile... I am assuming this is a viasat equipped plan which would be the first time the tmobile access has worked!
any way to check if it's gogo or viasat?
I wonder if you were on the only a319 that has been Oasised ?
Old Feb 11, 2023, 3:16 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
All legacy US Airways A319 and A320 have Gogo, and have the link for T-Mobile wifi. Confusingly, the A319s that AA purchased have Viasat, as do all of the A321s

United planes with Viasat work for T-mobile. AA must be blocking that option to keep earning money on people buying inflight plans. Who knows.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 6:46 pm

Not that useful

I agree with the others that the T-Mobile offer only works with A319, A320 and maybe some CRJs. Recently most AA planes I have been on were Viasat-equipped 737-800s or A321s, neither of which have the T-Mobile login screen. Sometimes I get an offer for 20 minutes of in-flight wifi if I watch a short ad, but the T-Mobile log-in is not present on the Viasat AA planes.
Old May 23, 2023, 6:27 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Any updates to viasat equipped planes? Does T-Mobile internet work yet?
Old May 23, 2023, 8:15 am
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Any updates to viasat equipped planes? Does T-Mobile internet work yet?
At least as of mid-May, no
Old May 23, 2023, 8:34 am

I have used T-Mobile weekly for the past number of months on gogo-equipped PSA CRJs and Republic E175s. Not sure where others are getting the idea that it wouldn't be applicable on those aircraft types.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.