Upgraded T-Mobile Internet on AA

Old Jun 23, 22, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by BlooJoo View Post
Gosh thatís gotten be wrong, no? Otherwise, this is total false advertising.
I agree 100%... the press release seems to mention this was a new benefit with a start date of 6/21
Old Jun 23, 22, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM
Originally Posted by jimmyz1 View Post
I agree 100%... the press release seems to mention this was a new benefit with a start date of 6/21
Agreed. It's definitely misleading.
Old Jun 26, 22, 7:43 am

Bad news.. no viasat

Bad news... on an AA a321neo w Viasat. No tmobile logon in sight! Poor form on tmobile's part. By giving a start date they implied something would be different but it looks like for now it's only GOGO.
Will keep trying
Old Jun 26, 22, 7:48 am

Programs: AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Bad news... on an AA a321neo w Viasat. No tmobile logon in sight! Poor form on tmobile's part. By giving a start date they implied something would be different but it looks like for now it's only GOGO.
Will keep trying
I mean all of the press releases, media, even the splash screen on T-Mobile, literally say, and I quote, "On select flights to, from, and within the US--with more arriving soon." (emphasis added)
Source: https://www.t-mobile.com/benefits/tr...R4NFPP3TQ29942 (scroll down the page about halfway)

It never said, it will be available on whatever desired flight you happen to be on...

Regards
Old Jun 26, 22, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by scubadu View Post
I mean all of the press releases, media, even the splash screen on T-Mobile, literally say, and I quote, "On select flights to, from, and within the US--with more arriving soon." (emphasis added)
Source: https://www.t-mobile.com/benefits/tr...R4NFPP3TQ29942 (scroll down the page about halfway)

It never said, it will be available on whatever desired flight you happen to be on...

Regards
Very true... it was more of a hope (especially with the "start" date). That said my dealings w tmobile have usually been more upfront with less ambiguity than other carriers.
sushanna1 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 22, 7:56 am

Programs: AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Very true... it was more of a hope (especially with the "start" date). That said my dealings w tmobile have usually been more upfront with less ambiguity than other carriers.
As the old saying goes, "hope is not a plan."

I'm not sure how T-Mobile could be less ambiguous than saying "select flights" which literally means "not all flights." I'm not sure it's reasonable to assume they would provide a city pair listing of every single flight, on every airline. T-Mobile probably does not even completely know that information themselves.

Maybe they could have somehow messaged this better, but honestly, I'm delighted. AT&T and Verizon are both raising prices on customers, even on existing plans. T-Mobile is holding prices and adding significant and useful new features to existing plans, at the same price. Honestly, that is pretty awesome.

Regards
Old Jun 27, 22, 12:42 pm

Another data point

Flying on an AA crj700 today... equipped w gogo BUT no way to signin via tmobile on the wifi access/plan page

Search this Thread