Upgraded T-Mobile Internet on AA

Old Jun 22, 22, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM
Any real life datapoints?

Since this went live yesterday, does anyone have any datapoints on aircraft? is it on all the viasat aircraft and there's a similar link like there was on the gogo aircraft?

Thanks in advance.
bchandler02 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 22, 10:07 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by AA EXP DFW-LON View Post
Since this went live yesterday, does anyone have any datapoints on aircraft? is it on all the viasat aircraft and there's a similar link like there was on the gogo aircraft?

Thanks in advance.
If the AA Fleet Site is still being maintained, it has the in-flight WiFi technology for each aircraft./
Old Jun 22, 22, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by AA EXP DFW-LON View Post

Thanks in advance.
I have several AA flights coming up so will report on the Viasat experience- it would be nice to dump the AA monthly subscription!
bchandler02 and ceebee100 like this.
Old Jun 22, 22, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by cheltzel View Post
If the AA Fleet Site is still being maintained, it has the in-flight WiFi technology for each aircraft./
The issue is that we don't know the criteria for which flights will or won't have it. We do not know if it is specific routes, AC types, Wifi Providers, or just random luck.
Old Jun 22, 22, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by bchandler02 View Post
The issue is that we don't know the criteria for which flights will or won't have it. We do not know if it is specific routes, AC types, Wifi Providers, or just random luck.
And, then, add in the T-Mobile confusion over exactly which plans are included (or excluded). For example, I have an older T-Mobile ONE plan, which *appears* to be excluded from the new program or, maybe, I will get 4 flights per year if lucky.
bchandler02 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 22, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by formeraa View Post
And, then, add in the T-Mobile confusion over exactly which plans are included (or excluded). For example, I have an older T-Mobile ONE plan, which *appears* to be excluded from the new program or, maybe, I will get 4 flights per year if lucky.
Same here - one a ONE Business plan with the $10 One+ add on for my line.
Also wondering that since everyone gets 256kb data in other countries now if I get 512kb since One+ was to double those speeds.
Old Jun 22, 22, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM
Same situation - older plan

Same here - one a ONE Business plan with the $10 One+ add on for my line.
Also wondering that since everyone gets 256kb data in other countries now if I get 512kb since One+ was to double those speeds.
Originally Posted by formeraa View Post
I'm in the same boat. I have a One Plus (non-business) and am curious if this plan is included.

It seems that the Magenta Max is the same price as the old One+ account. I'm skeptical that I'm missing something and will be worse off either on a functionality or price basis if I switch to the Magenta Max.
Old Jun 22, 22, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Looks like for now it's just on Gogo:

Old Jun 22, 22, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by upinsmoke View Post
Looks like for now it's just on Gogo:

https://twitter.com/TMobileHelp/stat...58607668465664
Well that's a disappointment, for AA users at least. They advertise it as working on AA flights, but only a small portion of the fleet still has GOGO. Kinda shady message from T-Mo if you ask me.
So basically nothing has changed, as I've always had unlimited internet on AA GOGO flights with the ONE + Business plan.
Old Jun 22, 22, 5:49 pm
dw

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Spire Amb/Kimpton IC, Hilton Diamond
Well that's a disappointment, for AA users at least. They advertise it as working on AA flights, but only a small portion of the fleet still has GOGO. Kinda shady message from T-Mo if you ask me.
So basically nothing has changed, as I've always had unlimited internet on AA GOGO flights with the ONE + Business plan.
There’s a data point from the DL forum that confirmed it also did not work on a DL Viasat flight… so for now this basically is the same benefit we had before
Old Jun 22, 22, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA: CK
Gosh that’s gotten be wrong, no? Otherwise, this is total false advertising.
Old Jun 23, 22, 5:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BlooJoo View Post
Gosh that’s gotten be wrong, no? Otherwise, this is total false advertising.
I am kind of disappointed that it's still only for Gogo only as I switched from my grandfathered One plan to Magenta Max when I heard it was going to include ALL wifi.
I'm not too bothered really since I now get 5GB international Data when traveling with the Magenta Max plan which I wouldn't have got with the One plan.
Old Jun 23, 22, 9:01 am

Programs: AA: CK
The T-Mo page is confusing because it says Gogo only on domestic, but international flights are also covered. ...?

Old Jun 23, 22, 10:54 am
Original Poster

I just think they need to be more clear on what "limited flights" means. If that means only GOGO flights, it should be called out since GOGO makes up only a small portion of the fleet (and aren't they slowly moving away from them anyway?)

Is Delta and Alaska 100% GOGO or do they have multiple providers as well?
Old Jun 23, 22, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
I just think they need to be more clear on what "limited flights" means. If that means only GOGO flights, it should be called out since GOGO makes up only a small portion of the fleet (and aren't they slowly moving away from them anyway?)

Is Delta and Alaska 100% GOGO or do they have multiple providers as well?
Based on comments above, DL definitely has multiple providers. I believe AS is a single-provider at the current time.

Search this Thread