Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on check in times for YVR - DFW

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2022, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Advice on check in times for YVR - DFW

I'm flying direct LHR - YVR with BA in August but my return flight is via DFW with AA and then on to LHR again with AA after that.

It will be my first ever AA flight.

I'm OWE and flying in Business but the flight departs YVR at 0600 and I'm wondering what time I need to check in?

The AA website says three hours before departure but I'm hoping your advice is "go a bit later". I'm staying at the Fairmont Airport hotel the night before (which knows how to charge for convenience). I don't have Global Entry or anything like that and I'll have a bag to check in.

I was thinking 04:00. Does that sound about right?

Advice gratefully received.

C.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist. Previously: A3-*G, LH-FTL
I'm in the exact situation as you in July.
I can report back after my flight
CoweyB likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
04:00 is probably safe, especially since you are staying in the airport so don't have any possible delays on getting there. Without GE you are though at the whims of the customs and immigration lines which at that hour I'd guess are not too long but I (thankfully) have not been at YVR at 4AM recently
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
FWIW, the U.S. pre-clearance facility at YVR -- where the OP will clear U.S. Immigration and Customs -- opens at 4:30 a.m.; and the AA ticket counter at YVR opens at 3:00 a.m.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:38 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
This thread has similar information, but a 7am departure from YVR. The info is a bit dated, but might still be handy to see (too dated for it to make sense to merge the threads):
what time to checkin AA 392 7.00am YVR-DFW
Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:17 am

I took the same flight (YVR-DFW-XXX) on Friday. I arrived to the airport at 04:00, check-in was quite quick (there was hardly a line at the AA counter but a huge line at the Alaska and Delta counters). Security + immigration took about 45 minutes and I arrived at the gate slightly after 0500. In retrospect I would arrive at the same time. Arriving later would make me stressed if there were longer lines.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Thanks TLV guy I think I will go for the same time. I have OWE status so that should get me a speedy check in to drop off my bag especially if security for travel to USA doesn’t open until 04:30.

Do you or others know if there is fast track security for OWE at YVR? I don’t have GE or anything like that.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by CoweyB
Thanks TLV guy I think I will go for the same time. I have OWE status so that should get me a speedy check in to drop off my bag especially if security for travel to USA doesn’t open until 04:30.

Do you or others know if there is fast track security for OWE at YVR? I don’t have GE or anything like that.
Have flown this route often. 4am is fine. As noted Customs does not open until 4:30. There is a NEXUS lane for security.
CoweyB likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by CoweyB

I'm also a OWE (via AA EXP) and flew business and it didn't affect the lines at all. The only place it could make a difference was the check-in, but there was no line there. There were no separate lines at security and immigration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.