Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA's recommended travel insurance, Allianz

AA's recommended travel insurance, Allianz

Old Aug 6, 2022, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by the phoenix
I typically never book thru AA site. So this is a huge help. HTanks.
Agreed. I always buy it from their own website. It's cheap and provides a cushion of confidence when traveling.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
I currently have an annual policy with Allianz which, in my case, has worked out less expensive than taking insurance for every overseas trip. In my case I do it mainly for medical coverage should I require it overseas.

Before this I have also used Travel Guard and made several successful claims - they are however expensive. I got refunded for the cost of rerouting and an extra hotel when the airport burnt down in Nairobi, and for car rental when a flight, after multiple cancellations ended up in Boston instead of LGA. On another occasion I received a full refund for non recoverable costs for a flight /trip I had to cancel. Although it took a while for this particular refund I did eventually receive it.

The most important is, regardless of insurance company, to keep all your records and make sure you have multiple duplicates before submitting a claim.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 8:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
I've been waiting on a lost baggage claim since late June. Allianz website says still processing... I'm sure they are busy but this is unacceptable.
Buyer beware - its great to have insurance but be prepared that you won't get any sort of immediate help.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by SR20kads
I've been waiting on a lost baggage claim since late June. Allianz website says still processing... I'm sure they are busy but this is unacceptable.
Buyer beware - its great to have insurance but be prepared that you won't get any sort of immediate help.
Escalate via Twitter and calling. It took me a time for a recent claim and I had to email my documents since their site upload doesn’t reach the adjusters well. Kind of a scammy company. They had it in pending until I threatened to file complaint with state insurance commissioner.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.