Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

American Should Consider Lounge Line Skipping for CK (Delta Piloting)

American Should Consider Lounge Line Skipping for CK (Delta Piloting)

Old Sep 22, 22, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA "mid tier" elite | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
To the original topic on hand - I don't see a problem with having a skip-the-line for CKs. They are the most valuable AA customers as a group (Amex does the same thing with Centurion Card holders). That said, AA doesn't have a crazy overcrowding issue at the AC IME save for a handful of places like CLT that's down to a single club, so it shouldn't really change much.
WeekendTraveler likes this.

Last edited by Microwave; Sep 23, 22 at 4:14 pm Reason: Removed response to deleted content
Old Sep 22, 22, 2:23 pm

I rather have the fast check security line
Old Sep 22, 22, 8:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Barely); Marriott Platinum Life; Hilton, AA, United ex-status
A CK Would Lower Themselves to the AAdmirals Club?

Just saying. They could afford better food than AAC mass feeding institutional stuff pre-made and frozen.

I guess if all you wanted was a cookie and a cola. Oh, the also I suppose you can't get a shower at Pappadeaux.
Old Sep 22, 22, 11:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT PRO | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by jayer View Post
Just saying. They could afford better food than AAC mass feeding institutional stuff pre-made and frozen.

I guess if all you wanted was a cookie and a cola. Oh, the also I suppose you can't get a shower at Pappadeaux.
FWIW Pappadeux is part of the priority pass network if you have a CSR
Old Sep 23, 22, 10:56 am

Programs: American, Delta, United, Southwest, Marriott, HIlton, Sheraton, Hyatt, Avis, Hertz, National, Sixt
Originally Posted by enviroian View Post
Europe has this fascination with lounges and I don't know why to be honest. Could you imagine if AA allowed same day F travelers access to their clubs? They would be rendered unusable immediately.

Yeah, I'll take an occasional free upgrade in a proper F seat than pay for J for a Y seat on a european carrier with free lounge access any day.
The differences are, among possibly other things:

1. Flights in Europe tend to be shorter than flights in the U.S.
2. On a 90 minute flight in Europe, there really isn't a lot of time for food service.
3. On a 3 hour flight in the U.S., you're likely to spend part of the flight in a normal meal time and the airline is more likely to serve a meal in Domestic First.
4. As has been said here a lot, there are a lot of free upgrades in U.S. domestic first, many fewer in Europe.
5. U.S. domestic First is generally 2- 2 seating on mainline equipment; in Europe, Eurobusiness is a normal economy seat with atrocious legroom.

So, basically, in the U.S. you get a better seat, no free lounge access. In Europe you get a crappy seat, but lounge access. And if you're boarding from a non European hub (i.e. BA from BER-LHR or AF from HEL-CDG, you're probably going to be in a contract lounge anyway, which are often inferior to the flagship lounge in their home base.

No major difference for most people.between the U.S. and Europe.

Search this Thread