Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

American Should Consider Lounge Line Skipping for CK (Delta Piloting)

American Should Consider Lounge Line Skipping for CK (Delta Piloting)

Old Jul 11, 22, 7:03 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro; AS MVP Gold, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by dave_261 View Post
We don't need a skip-the-line for CK. It's rarely a problem so we don't need a solution for it.

That said, I have had an agent open up a meeting room for me when the lounge was jammed, similar to how Amex has some reserved tables for Centurion members (well, at least they used to).
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
While a nice thought has anyone encountered long lines at AA lounges? I've dealt with a big line at the ATL B SC but not once have I waited in a line to enter an Admirals Club or FL this year at any airport.
No, no significant lines on probably 30 visits across the country this year. Only lines I've encountered were at the AS SEA N Lounge and the Club at DFW. ACs are always smooth sailing for me.
Old Jul 11, 22, 11:08 am

Programs: AADVANTAGE, Iberia Plus, BA Exec Blue, Hertz #1Gold, HHonors Gold
As a kid, watching the movies, "VIP Lounges" were places of luxurious refuge from the hoi polloi, reserved for those passengers with suits, hats, furs and expensive jewellery, travelling in First Class. Now, it would seem, passengers travelling in First Class are in one of the few groups of passengers not given access to lounges (USA Domestic flights at least), which are definitely no longer "VIP". Very sad. I remember booking our first First Class domestic flight with American and finding out, in disbelief, that we would not be granted lounge access.
Old Jul 11, 22, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by johnash View Post
As a kid, watching the movies, "VIP Lounges" were places of luxurious refuge from the hoi polloi, reserved for those passengers with suits, hats, furs and expensive jewellery, travelling in First Class. Now, it would seem, passengers travelling in First Class are in one of the few groups of passengers not given access to lounges (USA Domestic flights at least), which are definitely no longer "VIP". Very sad. I remember booking our first First Class domestic flight with American and finding out, in disbelief, that we would not be granted lounge access.
Only in the US does a premium cabin ticket not convey lounge access. Even in Canada, to my knowledge, AC J means some sort of lounge.
Old Jul 11, 22, 11:37 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by johnash View Post
Yes but back then people weren't getting upgrades. They paid for First. If AA started allowing domestic F you think clubs are crowded now.
enviroian likes this.
Old Jul 11, 22, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by qasr View Post
At DFW the line can often be out the door and the wait more than 5 minutes..
oh? I've only seen one line in three years at DFW and that was the C club and was 5 people long. Not sure where you came to this conclusion.
keyw likes this.
Old Jul 11, 22, 3:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by EXP100 View Post
Yes but back then people weren't getting upgrades. They paid for First. If AA started allowing domestic F you think clubs are crowded now.
Alaska allows first class customers into their lounges, but limits it to those that bought the ticket. They do not allow upgraders in there.
Spanish likes this.
Old Jul 11, 22, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
I just wish AA would make day passes refundable. I have tried to use one 3 times already, and am getting turned away because the lounges are full.
Old Jul 11, 22, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by GNRMatt View Post
Alaska allows first class customers into their lounges, but limits it to those that bought the ticket. They do not allow upgraders in there.
Europe has this fascination with lounges and I don't know why to be honest. Could you imagine if AA allowed same day F travelers access to their clubs? They would be rendered unusable immediately.

Yeah, I'll take an occasional free upgrade in a proper F seat than pay for J for a Y seat on a european carrier with free lounge access any day.
jcain and keyw like this.
Old Jul 11, 22, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
I've often wondered why none of the US Carriers have installed self service gates where you can just scan your boarding pass or membership card and go. I really don't need to check in with a person. I've seen this at several OAL lounges abroad and it works fine.
WeekendTraveler likes this.
Old Jul 11, 22, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by dls25 View Post
I've often wondered why none of the US Carriers have installed self service gates where you can just scan your boarding pass or membership card and go. I really don't need to check in with a person. I've seen this at several OAL lounges abroad and it works fine.
DL has them.
Old Jul 11, 22, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold
Because it will let people like me through
njvandy likes this.
Old Sep 21, 22, 4:56 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT PRO | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
So I experienced my first line ever at ORD H/K. A perfect storm, seemed like a shift change bc only one person admitting folks, normally its like 5. I literally saw three groups of people argue and get denied entry. 1.) politely asked if it they took priority pass 2.) confused American Express with American Airlines 3.) the kicker - had a paid membership that expired and argued that someone else told them it was extended due to the pandemic and was being literally insane about an email they couldnt find. They finally settled on using all of their miles and purchasing 5k additional miles to get in their party of 6. The agent basically tried to warn them that this was not the best redemption. At some point she asked them to move aside while the guy bought the miles and one of their party tried to sneak in. So maybe there should be a lane for people that are mostly pretty sure they can enter.
enviroian and robertablake like this.
Old Sep 21, 22, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by BlooJoo View Post
DL has them.
UA has them at EWR
Old Sep 22, 22, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by AAdamE View Post
So I experienced my first line ever at ORD H/K. A perfect storm, seemed like a shift change bc only one person admitting folks, normally its like 5. I literally saw three groups of people argue and get denied entry. 1.) politely asked if it they took priority pass 2.) confused American Express with American Airlines 3.) the kicker - had a paid membership that expired and argued that someone else told them it was extended due to the pandemic and was being literally insane about an email they couldnt find. They finally settled on using all of their miles and purchasing 5k additional miles to get in their party of 6. The agent basically tried to warn them that this was not the best redemption. At some point she asked them to move aside while the guy bought the miles and one of their party tried to sneak in. So maybe there should be a lane for people that are mostly pretty sure they can enter.
I'm at ORD H/K lounge about once a week and the only time I have EVER seen a line was exactly this situation -- only one agent (shift change?) and someone moaning up and down that they have access with their Amex card or whatever.
Old Sep 22, 22, 1:49 pm

Truth is we are flying in a public bus that is funded by credit card users.

Last edited by Centurion; Sep 22, 22 at 2:10 pm

Search this Thread