Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

“Give me those cookies that the poor people in the back of the plane get”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2022, 9:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

When the FA on a recent flight came around with the snack basket (in first class), the guy next to me actually pawed through the snack basket, took several items and said, “Give me those cookies that the poor people in the back of the plane get.”

The FA looked at him, said, in a monotone voice, “Aren’t you funny”… and then got some Biscoffs for him.

The guy wolfed them down (he was a person of size) and wolfed down multiple drinks. He wasn’t wearing a face mask and kept coughing.

I’ve been a frequent flyer for decades and this was the first time I ever have heard anyone up front disparage people in the main cabin.

Now I’ve seen it all!
Old May 29, 2022, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
.. (he was a person of size) ..
the relevance of this is?
Old May 29, 2022, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by azepine00
the relevance of this is?
Assuming the OP was drawing a link between the quantity of cookies consumed and this.

There's tons of extraneous information in the post.
ceebee100, cmd320 and KeithRedford like this.
Old May 29, 2022, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
The guy wolfed them down (he was a person of size) and wolfed down multiple drinks. He wasn’t wearing a face mask and kept coughing.
I know it's going to be a good day when I come across a post like this.
GaryZ, ceebee100, apeortdz and 8 others like this.
Old May 29, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Some people are just rude. I try to ignore them and go about my life.
fdog, Antarius and WeekendTraveler like this.
Old May 29, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
Some people are just rude. I try to ignore them and go about my life.
Well, yes, that's what the ignore button here is for.

(I also think the person being depicted is rude, although their size should not matter to the story.)
Old May 29, 2022, 9:39 am

Welcome to summer of 2022 travel. The amount of rude flyers is insane. Had a woman shove her bag in front of me saying “sorry but she’s in first class”. So what, so am I. First time that’s happened to me in decades of flying. Obviously noob flyer as she was complaining loudly how the seats weren’t lie flat and the champagne wasn’t the dom she usually drinks haha.
Old May 29, 2022, 9:48 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Poor has multiple meanings—he wasn’t necessarily talking about their income/social status, for all you know.
Old May 29, 2022, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by olouie
Welcome to summer of 2022 travel. The amount of rude flyers is insane. Had a woman shove her bag in front of me saying “sorry but she’s in first class”. So what, so am I. First time that’s happened to me in decades of flying. Obviously noob flyer as she was complaining loudly how the seats weren’t lie flat and the champagne wasn’t the dom she usually drinks haha.
Problem is we have record numbers of flyers returning to the skies after a 2 year covid hiatus for the most part. These people probably have thrown all proper manners and etiquette out the window so to speak.
Old May 29, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by enviroian
These People probably have thrown all proper manners and etiquette out the window so to speak.
Fixed that for you.
Old May 29, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
What a wildly rude thing to say. I do often ask for the pretzels from Y though!
WeekendTraveler likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 10:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 355F1
Poor has multiple meanings—he wasn’t necessarily talking about their income/social status, for all you know.
He definitely was. If he used the expression out of sympathy the tone and manner of saying it would have been different.
355F1, Cthunder86 and ewoo like this.
Old May 29, 2022, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Finkface
Fixed that for you.
I still see lots of nice and kind flyers. A mother flying with two kids was having issues on boarding and the guy behind her got very close (I though to yell at them to hurry up), but he offered to help and carry one kid while she got settled in with the other. Makes your heart melt a bit.
Old May 29, 2022, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

He definitely was. If he used the expression out of sympathy the tone and manner of saying it would have been different.
I would have definitely looked at this rude clown and rolled my eyes. That's just me though. I do a lot of things most people think about doing but don't. To each their own.
Milwaukee and WeekendTraveler like this.
Old May 29, 2022, 11:19 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by olouie
I still see lots of nice and kind flyers. A mother flying with two kids was having issues on boarding and the guy behind her got very close (I though to yell at them to hurry up), but he offered to help and carry one kid while she got settled in with the other. Makes your heart melt a bit.
True. As I was walking into an Admirals Club, some others were standing at the entrance. From what I could tell, they weren’t members and were from a historically disadvantaged group and were standing there, commenting that they could never get into such a place.

Another passenger who was walking in at the same time brought them in and told the agents that they were traveling together, so the other passengers were let in. The look on their faces was priceless.
WNLuvr, hotturnip, jjbiv and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.