Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What date is AA's domestic schedule "firm" out to?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2022, 9:07 am
Original Poster

I'm looking to fly a domestic route over labor day weekend that has a 788, but is a route with a moderate risk of getting a 321/738 if there is a schedule change. Wondering as I'd like to pay for MCE to get the W seats for us (only AA Gold so can't get it for free), but it's a price high enough that I'm not going to do it unless the schedule is firmed up as it isn't worth it to get a regular Y seat with another 3 inches of legroom.

I know AA doesn't have a webpage that officially says what date their schedule has been firmed out to (with the obvious caveats for things that could cause cuts like staffing or plane type grounding) and I know domestic is usually firmed up about 60-90 days in advance, but I've seen some members here who have a good idea. Does anyone know the exact date it has currently been extended to?

Thanks!
Old May 24, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
Not sure if this is helpful, but I had flights booked in September (11th-13th and 30th to October 2nd) and they both had changes. Not sure if this means the new schedule is the final one, but they've looked that far out and re-allocated resources it seems.
Old May 24, 2022, 1:48 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lowfareair
I'm looking to fly a domestic route over labor day weekend that has a 788, but is a route with a moderate risk of getting a 321/738 if there is a schedule change. Wondering as I'd like to pay for MCE to get the W seats for us (only AA Gold so can't get it for free), but it's a price high enough that I'm not going to do it unless the schedule is firmed up as it isn't worth it to get a regular Y seat with another 3 inches of legroom.

I know AA doesn't have a webpage that officially says what date their schedule has been firmed out to (with the obvious caveats for things that could cause cuts like staffing or plane type grounding) and I know domestic is usually firmed up about 60-90 days in advance, but I've seen some members here who have a good idea. Does anyone know the exact date it has currently been extended to?

Thanks!
For widebodies, I personally trust the schedule when it's published to AA cargo. The schedule for the next month is usually published between the 15th and 25th of the preceding month. I've never had a change from that schedule resulting in a narrowbody instead, although I do see revision numbers on that document change, so it is always flexible. Knowing AA (and any other airline, really) the aircraft type is firm once you're in the air - I had a 321 change to a 789 around 6 hours from departure last month FWIW.
Old May 24, 2022, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by S80
For widebodies, I personally trust the schedule when it's published to AA cargo. The schedule for the next month is usually published between the 15th and 25th of the preceding month. I've never had a change from that schedule resulting in a narrowbody instead, although I do see revision numbers on that document change, so it is always flexible. Knowing AA (and any other airline, really) the aircraft type is firm once you're in the air - I had a 321 change to a 789 around 6 hours from departure last month FWIW.
Yes, I understand the whole "aircraft could always change" and why I caveated such with examples in my post. I'm asking if anyone knows to what date AA considers the schedule "firm" where it won't change outside of a major event or something happening the day of.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.