Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Same Flight Showing up Twice in Reservation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2022, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

Have an upcoming ticket and one of the segments is showing up twice in the reservation, with a notice check connection time and change airports at PHL. One of the flights have the seats chosen and the other one does have it and won't let me change seats.

Not sure if this is a one time glitch or if it's happened to someone before. Spoke to the EXP desk and they said they didn't see anything wrong on their end but that the rep had gotten a similar call earlier today. Hopefully it won't be an issue on the day of travel. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.
Old May 12, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: NFY, AA EXP, Marriott TE
I'd fly it, if the EXP desk said it looked okay.

With the proviso that I had paper tickets in hand from check-in. Just sayin'.

All the best, James
Old May 12, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
I've seen this happen when upgrades are processed, especially if the reservation was made with a TA/CTA. Usually the PNR gets cleaned up on its own or the TA does it. It used to happen for me on US and NW flights, too, back in the day.
Old May 12, 2022, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
I've seen this happen when upgrades are processed, especially if the reservation was made with a TA/CTA. Usually the PNR gets cleaned up on its own or the TA does it. It used to happen for me on US and NW flights, too, back in the day.
Thanks for the info, I think you're taking about what can happen if you're waitlisted which shows your current reservation and a phantom flight in the class you're trying to upgrade to? This reservation was done directly with AA and in business class (no upgrades). We did use some trip credits though.
Old May 12, 2022, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FAA1996
Thanks for the info, I think you're taking about what can happen if you're waitlisted which shows your current reservation and a phantom flight in the class you're trying to upgrade to? This reservation was done directly with AA and in business class (no upgrades). We did use some trip credits though.
Does the app show it twice?
Old May 12, 2022, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FAA1996
For me, it always showed right when the upgrade cleared and before the TA removed the now cancelled coach segment.
1P likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.