Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA-JetBlue connection at JFK T8 on separate tickets

Old May 10, 2022, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum

Hi,

I will be flying on AA from CDG to JFK (arriving at 1:25pm) and transfer to JetBlue from JFK to PDX (departing at 7:35pm) on 2 separate tickets. As AA's flight arrives at Terminal 8 and JetBlue departs from Terminal 5 at JFK, I would like to know if there is a staffed JetBlue baggage recheck counter at JFK T8 after clearing international customs? Or do I need to bring my luggage and take the AirTrain over to T5 to check my bags?

Also I would like to know if there is any chance the AA ground staff in CDG will allow the through check of my bags to PDX even though my AA and B6 flights are on 2 separate tickets?

Thank you!
Old May 10, 2022, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by zedarmill
Also I would like to know if there is any chance the AA ground staff in CDG will allow the through check of my bags to PDX even though my AA and B6 flights are on 2 separate tickets?
No chance. AA will not even check bags through on separate AA tickets, well established policy that's been in place for nearly 6 years now.

Not sure if there's a B6 desk after customs at T8, but you've got plenty of time so ultimately it doesn't change things much for you when you arrive. If there is, great, check in and drop the bags right there, but if not then you'll just have to take them over to T5.

AA Guide: JFK / New York J F Kennedy International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc
Old May 10, 2022, 7:14 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
There is no B6 counter at T8. Youll need to re-check in at T5
Old May 11, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by zedarmill
What you're suggesting isn't even legal for the airline to allow as you need to take your bags through U.S. customers at your point of entry in the country.
Old May 11, 2022, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by jspira
What you're suggesting isn't even legal for the airline to allow as you need to take your bags through U.S. customers at your point of entry in the country.
I don't think OP was suggesting the bags would physically be sent all the way to PDX w/o passing through customs at JFK.

Rather, if you could get an agent to tag them all the way to PDX you could just drop them off at the baggage recheck belt at T8 after clearing customs at JFK, rather than having to personally take the bags over to T5 yourself.
wrp96 and ijgordon like this.
Old May 11, 2022, 1:52 pm

Would the new T5/T8 shuttle bus benefit the OP by keeping them airside?
Old May 11, 2022, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by ntamayo
Would the new T5/T8 shuttle bus benefit the OP by keeping them airside?
no, the OP is arriving om an international flight.
KBMIFlyer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.