FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   American have changed the flight time and the aircraft - and I have to pay the differ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2076328-american-have-changed-flight-time-aircraft-i-have-pay-differ.html)

PUCCI GALORE Apr 19, 2022 1:04 pm

American have changed the flight time and the aircraft - and I have to pay the differ

I am certain that this has appeared before but I will ask as I know that you will know the answer.

We are flying J BOS - ORD Fare Class I. The flight that we were on has been cancelled and we have been rebooked on one an hour five minutes later. It effectively is inconvenient as we wanted to join friends for dinner. I called AA today and asked if we could change this for a flight the next day. After a considerable hold he came back and told me that we would have to pay €140 extra each. I asked for another flight and back he came and said that the fare that I paid no longer existed and that any change into a superior fare class would have to be paid for. I thought that this was a bit rich as this was not me wanting to change but that I was changing as a result of their cancellation. I understand that the I( fare that I booked (and it was a good deal at $149 each) had long gone but is what he told me correct, or should I call and speak to someone else.

It is not the end of the world but I am somewhat surprised. Any help or advice would be gratefully received,

USFlyerUS Apr 19, 2022 1:17 pm

The new time is 1:05 later? If so, you'll need to pay to change the day altogether given there are otherwise options on your original day. If the change was more than 4:00, then I think they'd be more accommodating.

JJeffrey Apr 19, 2022 1:25 pm

But it should be no problem to switch to an earlier or later flight on the same day given the schedule change, and you do not need the original fare inventory. HUCA as always.

guv1976 Apr 19, 2022 1:37 pm

Ms. PUCCI:

If you Google "AA schedule change policy," you should find a link to a PDF of AA's March, 2022, policy. Maybe I am misreading the policy, but for schedule changes that exceed 60 minutes, it seems to indicate that the passenger may be re-accommodated in the same cabin on a flight that departs within 24 hours of the originally scheduled departure time. If the same fare inventory is not available, the passenger may be booked into the lowest available fare inventory for the same cabin. (See pages 7 and 8 of the PDF.) I assume that "within 24 hours" means up to 24 hours before or after the originally-scheduled departure time.

Hope that this helps.

VegasGambler Apr 19, 2022 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976 (Post 34178525)
Ms. PUCCI

Shouldn't that be Ms Galore?

guv1976 Apr 19, 2022 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 34178533)

:D

BXK_Oz Apr 19, 2022 2:49 pm

Not if he is a Southerner

PUCCI GALORE Apr 19, 2022 5:07 pm

Angel, he is helping me. I’ve been called lot worse chez BA. He calls me what he likes as long as he doesn’t call me late for cocktails.

OK. I’ll throw the dice again with AA. At the end of the day I still have a flight. What is Envoy Air like?

PUCCI GALORE Apr 19, 2022 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976 (Post 34178525)
Ms. PUCCI:

If you Google "AA schedule change policy," you should find a link to a PDF of AA's March, 2022, policy. Maybe I am misreading the policy, but for schedule changes that exceed 60 minutes, it seems to indicate that the passenger may be re-accommodated in the same cabin on a flight that departs within 24 hours of the originally scheduled departure time. If the same fare inventory is not available, the passenger may be booked into the lowest available fare inventory for the same cabin. (See pages 7 and 8 of the PDF.) I assume that "within 24 hours" means up to 24 hours before or after the originally-scheduled departure time.

Hope that this helps.

It does. It’s probably that Imtried to book for the following day as there are few flights left on the Saturday that we are flying.

At the end of the day, it’s quite a short flight but I wanted to know what I was allowed to do. I am going to read the policy, thank you.

guv1976 Apr 19, 2022 5:32 pm

Here's a screenshot of the pertinent portion of the AA policy:

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ac66bb1105.png

IADCAflyer Apr 19, 2022 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 34179162)
Angel, he is helping me. I’ve been called lot worse chez BA. He calls me what he likes as long as he doesn’t call me late for cocktails.

OK. I’ll throw the dice again with AA. At the end of the day I still have a flight. What is Envoy Air like?

For the most part, just like all the other regional partners. That said, Envoy is wholly owned by AA so I feel it has a bit more accountability than some of the other regional partners.

econ Apr 19, 2022 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey (Post 34178486)
HUCA as always.

Unfortunately, two calls to AA could take up an entire afternoon (mostly waiting on hold) these days.

BearX220 Apr 20, 2022 7:40 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 34179162)
What is Envoy Air like?

They operate to AA standards (for better or worse) using slightly smaller aircraft -- CR9s and E175s/190s versus 737s and A320s. Most passengers don't perceive the difference. On BOS-ORD you are liable to get an E175 aboard which "first class" is a 2+1 layout, "Main Cabin Extra" 2+2; some prefer this arrangement to a mainline aircraft as there are no middle seats.

On an approx. two-hour sector like this there will be drinks and hopefully wifi. I can't say about food, snack basket pass, etc.

JJeffrey Apr 20, 2022 7:53 am

Originally Posted by econ (Post 34179933)
Unfortunately, two calls to AA could take up an entire afternoon (mostly waiting on hold) these days.

Oh no doubt easier said than done, but unfortunately the only way to get a lot of things done with AA.

jlemon Apr 20, 2022 10:02 am

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer (Post 34179254)
For the most part, just like all the other regional partners. That said, Envoy is wholly owned by AA so I feel it has a bit more accountability than some of the other regional partners.

We've had better luck overall with AA Eagle flights operated by Envoy Air when compared with the AA code sharing services flown by Mesa, PSA and SkyWest.