Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

American have changed the flight time and the aircraft - and I have to pay the differ

American have changed the flight time and the aircraft - and I have to pay the differ

Old Apr 20, 22, 10:50 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jlemon View Post
We've had better luck overall with AA Eagle flights operated by Envoy Air when compared with the AA code sharing services flown by Mesa, PSA and SkyWest.
PSA is wholly owned, too, just like Envoy.
Old Apr 20, 22, 10:58 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by BearX220 View Post
They operate to AA standards (for better or worse) using slightly smaller aircraft -- CR9s and E175s/190s versus 737s and A320s. Most passengers don't perceive the difference. On BOS-ORD you are liable to get an E175 aboard which "first class" is a 2+1 layout, "Main Cabin Extra" 2+2; some prefer this arrangement to a mainline aircraft as there are no middle seats.

On an approx. two-hour sector like this there will be drinks and hopefully wifi. I can't say about food, snack basket pass, etc.
Thank you for this. Frankly drinks will do. We can eat all we want in Chicago.
Old Apr 20, 22, 11:12 am

I was shocked to see AA implement this new 61 minute rule. Its a rather customer friendly improvement over what was there previously, provided you get an agent that has a clue. Not sure how this managed to get on by, quite unusual.
Old Apr 20, 22, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey View Post
Oh no doubt easier said than done, but unfortunately the only way to get a lot of things done with AA.
Try sending a DM on Twitter to @AmericanAir. I've had success that way, and it beats sitting on hold.
Old Apr 20, 22, 12:46 pm

Programs: American Airlines, National Car Rental
Originally Posted by guv1976 View Post
Ms. PUCCI:

If you Google "AA schedule change policy," you should find a link to a PDF of AA's March, 2022, policy. Maybe I am misreading the policy, but for schedule changes that exceed 60 minutes, it seems to indicate that the passenger may be re-accommodated in the same cabin on a flight that departs within 24 hours of the originally scheduled departure time. If the same fare inventory is not available, the passenger may be booked into the lowest available fare inventory for the same cabin. (See pages 7 and 8 of the PDF.) I assume that "within 24 hours" means up to 24 hours before or after the originally-scheduled departure time.

Hope that this helps.
Too bad that in practice AA doesn’t actually follow the policy. With a paid first class ticket, I’ve been rebooked in coach, no refund offered until I contacted AA after a few weeks.
Old Apr 20, 22, 12:53 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by AndyAA View Post
Not sure how this managed to get on by, quite unusual.
I think it reflects an acknowledgement of the lack of options and unwillingness to reroute passengers on AS/B6 more than any generosity.
LowValueCustomer likes this.
Old Apr 23, 22, 10:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Barely); Marriott Platinum Life; Hilton, AA, United ex-status
With Apologies For Having Been Out of Town and Unable to Respond to OP . . . . . . .

They operate to AA standards (for better or worse) using slightly smaller aircraft -- CR9s and E175s/190s versus 737s and A320s. Most passengers don't perceive the difference. On BOS-ORD you are liable to get an E175 aboard which "first class" is a 2+1 layout, "Main Cabin Extra" 2+2; some prefer this arrangement to a mainline aircraft as there are no middle seats.

On an approx. two-hour sector like this there will be drinks and hopefully wifi. I can't say about food, snack basket pass, etc.
. . . . . on a balky hotel computer.

The person quoted above is correct about the probable equipment. Looks like Envoy flies E175's on the route.

But I disagree about being able to perceive the difference. The E175 is generally a better ride; at least for a short ride. The are smoother and don't porpoise like 737's, or feel super-claustrophobic like the sardine-can A319's (which is the only aircraft in the fleet I actively try and schedule around). Now an even smaller RJ is a different matter.
Old Apr 23, 22, 12:34 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by jayer View Post

The person quoted above is correct about the probable equipment. Looks like Envoy flies E175's on the route.

But I disagree about being able to perceive the difference. The E175 is generally a better ride; at least for a short ride. The are smoother and don't porpoise like 737's, or feel super-claustrophobic like the sardine-can A319's (which is the only aircraft in the fleet I actively try and schedule around). Now an even smaller RJ is a different matter.
Thank you - I do appreciate this. I suppose that my prejudices were ignited with the service that we did not receive from Envoy when we last flew them, It was MIA-EYW it is true - but we had the contestant for the laziest Flight Attendant of the year. She had clearly decided that service was either beneath or beyond her in F. She sat on her opulent derriere and did not budge. Not a drink was served, not even a smile was raised, I was singularly under-impressed
LowValueCustomer likes this.
Old Apr 23, 22, 11:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G)
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS View Post
The new time is 1:05 later? If so, you'll need to pay to change the day altogether given there are otherwise options on your original day. If the change was more than 4:00, then I think they'd be more accommodating.
Question. The OP said she had a flight cancellation in the first place, and it's the rebooked flight that has a 1h5m difference from the cancelled one.
It's not valid anymore that in case of cancellation one can be rebooked at no cost?
Old Apr 24, 22, 7:33 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Lefly View Post
Question. The OP said she had a flight cancellation in the first place, and it's the rebooked flight that has a 1h5m difference from the cancelled one.
It's not valid anymore that in case of cancellation one can be rebooked at no cost?
Yes, it's valid. However, it's not a free for all to make a no cost change to any day or destination one wants.
Lefly likes this.
Old Apr 24, 22, 8:55 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by Lefly View Post
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS View Post
Yes, it's valid. However, it's not a free for all to make a no cost change to any day or destination one wants.
Just to add that the fact that a particular flight number in one's journey is discontinued and substituted with a new flight number, different times or equipment is not considered a cancellation by AA--it's still a schedule change.

Once certain parameters are exceeded (discussed further up extensively), a passenger is entitled to greater flexibility for reaccommodation to other airports, AA partners, other airlines, etc, or a refund.
Lefly likes this.

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Apr 24, 22 at 8:58 am Reason: gr, sp
Old Apr 24, 22, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by jayer View Post

How is a 319 any more claustrophobic than a 320 or 321? More seats? It's stil the same width fuselage which 'should' be what leads to one's feeling of claustrophobia. Once I'm comfrotably in Seat 2C or 2D then I could frankly care less about how short or long the plane is or how many seats are situated behind me. Had a FANTASTIC flight from JKF-SXM on a 319 in January, firmly planted in 2C aside from a couple of pee breaks.
Old Apr 24, 22, 6:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Barely); Marriott Platinum Life; Hilton, AA, United ex-status
Originally Posted by dvs7310 View Post
How is a 319 any more claustrophobic than a 320 or 321? More seats? It's stil the same width fuselage which 'should' be what leads to one's feeling of claustrophobia. Once I'm comfrotably in Seat 2C or 2D then I could frankly care less about how short or long the plane is or how many seats are situated behind me. Had a FANTASTIC flight from JKF-SXM on a 319 in January, firmly planted in 2C aside from a couple of pee breaks.
In front? Why would I care? But my upgrade success rate is not doing well these days. To me steerage is far more claustrophobic in a 319 than a 321. Perhaps it is partially perception based on length. But the 319's were where "Density with Doug" started.

Search this Thread