Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Update on Federal Mask Mandate (April 18: masks no longer required)

AA Update on Federal Mask Mandate (April 18: masks no longer required)

Old Apr 19, 22, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Are they offering free drinks in MCE again?
Old Apr 19, 22, 3:15 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
OK Boys, do you suppose that this excellent news will extend to International ie London? I gather, and please correct me if I am wrong,, that if the country does not have a mandatory rule that it is optional. It was so ridiculous being able to go through LHR with all the crowds at times and no one wore masks, only to have to don them getting aboard an aircraft.

I just hope that this is not a false dawn like BA announcing the end of their mandatory policy and turning 180 practically with the same breath. However, if anyone on an AA flight other than a Flight Attendant enforcing AA rules makes a fuss over me not wearing a mask; then I hope that politeness will preclude me from telling them exactly where they can go.
Old Apr 19, 22, 4:52 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Complementary drinks (& snacks) for EXPs in coach?

Originally Posted by JMN57 View Post
Let's hope that NO MASK = YES DRINKS (for me specifically by next week). But I'm afraid they may not be linked...

Added: went to read another thread and it is an Easter Miracle. AA is serving booze in coach. But seemingly at prices that make me pray for my upgrade...
Any experience to share? Flying CMH => PHX on 4/25 with first full. Not expecting an upgrade.
Old Apr 19, 22, 4:56 am

Programs: AAdvantage
This morning none of the AC staff had masks on although the servers (not employed by AA) did. No masks required at the airport although 75% had them on-remember this is MIA. Return of booze in Y and no masks, air travel is finally starting to return to something normal.
Old Apr 19, 22, 5:05 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
This is all excellent news. Now we need to get rid of the Negative Test to Return to the USA mandate.
Old Apr 19, 22, 5:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Diamond
At SFO at present and 95% wearing masks. Odd one sitting down with chin diapers, and a family have none on (child does, 2 adults don't)

Someone may have mentioned that things might change tomorrow, or I caught the tail end of a different conversation.
TarquinMontague likes this.
Old Apr 19, 22, 5:33 am

Programs: AA - Plat. Pro; 1W Emerald; HHonors Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by apeortdz View Post
This is all excellent news. Now we need to get rid of the Negative Test to Return to the USA mandate.
To be honest, I'm fine with the test or be vaxxed requirement for entry into the USA. The requirement that it has to be done the day before you enter the USA is the annoying aspect of it all.
CLT likes this.
Old Apr 19, 22, 5:47 am

Programs: AA CK, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer View Post
To be honest, I'm fine with the test or be vaxxed requirement for entry into the USA. The requirement that it has to be done the day before you enter the USA is the annoying aspect of it all.
Having to do the test even thought you are vaccinated is annoying.
Old Apr 19, 22, 5:57 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer View Post
Except that isn't how it works. If flying international to the USA, you have to be tested regardless of vax status. Either/Or would be a much better approach than the current policy.
Old Apr 19, 22, 6:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Diamond
On my SFO-PHX flight, the 2 crew at the front aren't wearing masks; couple of people in first not wearing one; main cabin nearly everyone including kids
2 other positioning crew with no masks in first.
1 crew member from down the back wearing a mask.

Seems that in first, you're fine with no mask.
In the main cabin, people are still wearing them.

Last edited by xenole; Apr 19, 22 at 6:15 am
Old Apr 19, 22, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, BA Gold Emirates Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm
Freedom. This morning at DEN, about 50/50 on mask wearing at security and on train. Zero masks at AC AAngels and pax.
Old Apr 19, 22, 6:19 am

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by remedy View Post
Any experience to share? Flying CMH => PHX on 4/25 with first full. Not expecting an upgrade.
Well I have a PHL-PHX RT next week, last I looked, the outbound was promising but the return unlikely.
Old Apr 19, 22, 6:24 am

Programs: AA - Plat. Pro; 1W Emerald; HHonors Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by bchandler02 View Post
Except that isn't how it works. If flying international to the USA, you have to be tested regardless of vax status. Either/Or would be a much better approach than the current policy.
Im aware of that. The vaccines seems to mollify the effects of COVID, but the number of "breakthrough" cases tells me that the vax isn't all its craked up to be. You can be vaxxed and still give it to everyone around you. Hence, the test requirement.
LWkitty likes this.
Old Apr 19, 22, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, BA Gold Emirates Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm
7am DEN-DFW Maybe 15% of pax wearing masks at gate. And looks like just 1/20 wearing mask in F. Some of us taking selfies to celebrate.
Old Apr 19, 22, 6:39 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
PHL AC requiring masks when walking around but not when sitting, in accordance with the local mask mandate. Walking around airport concourse, nearly everyone still has masks on but nobody says anything about not wearing a mask.

Search this Thread