Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Rumor: AA alcohol and food sales resume April 18

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor: AA alcohol and food sales resume April 18

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2022, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AmericanCaptive
I tried to get my EXP drink + pringles in main cabin on PHX - DCA and was denied. Said they don’t do that anymore.
Definitely send in a complaint. Be specific about the flight details.
ksucats and ceebee100 like this.
Old May 1, 2022, 8:18 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by AmericanCaptive
I tried to get my EXP drink + pringles in main cabin on PHX - DCA and was denied. Said they don’t do that anymore.
i got Pringle’s as an EXP sitting in Y Friday PHX-OGG.

Wasnt quite enough for a 6+hr flight so I asked the FA in First if she had any snacks and let me have what I wanted from the F snack basket too.
Old May 2, 2022, 3:27 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
My mother (no status) flew SFO-PHL on April 27. She purchased an MCE seat. The FA offered her and all the other pax in MCE as many alcoholic beverages as they wished (her seatmate had three). No food other than Biscoffs and pretzels though.
Old May 2, 2022, 8:32 am

We'll see what happens on the regional planes. I was able to snag MCE on a morning PHL-STL flight. Hoping to grab the same coming home when I check in for that flight tonight.
Old May 2, 2022, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by MASTERNC
We'll see what happens on the regional planes. I was able to snag MCE on a morning PHL-STL flight. Hoping to grab the same coming home when I check in for that flight tonight.
I flew PHL-STL earlier today on a Republic operated aircraft. I was in the last row of F and overheard the Y pax in the row behind me order two beers. He was not charged.
jcatman and MasterPlanner like this.
Old May 4, 2022, 9:15 am

I was in MCE on the morning PHL-STL flight (PSA operated), so nobody was partaking. That said, the seatback menus still only had non-alcoholic beverages. I was upgraded to F on the return flight, so couldn't test MCE.
Old May 4, 2022, 10:21 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Flew PHX-LAS yesterday in the front row of Y on a CR and my girl got alcohol for free.
Old May 5, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: AA Explat / UA Silver
As another data point, it seems like catering is hit or miss. Nothing for sale was loaded on SFO-MIA today.
Old May 5, 2022, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MGW2000
As another data point, it seems like catering is hit or miss. Nothing for sale was loaded on SFO-MIA today.
That’s a big miss. Make sure you report it.
Old May 5, 2022, 8:09 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Is there any food in Y on A321T routes?
Old May 7, 2022, 1:21 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
What's the story on E145 flights? FA said today that only water was on request for a ROC/PHL flight, which was an hour in air.

As a side note, I think these a/c are going away. Thank god.
Old May 7, 2022, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by EXP100
ROC/PHL flight
"due to the short duration of this flight......"

Old May 7, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by enviroian
"due to the short duration of this flight......"

Meanwhile full beverage runs on LAX-PHX, PHL-BOS etc. I get it’s mainline versus Piedmont, but that is pretty lame. Pre COVID they would do a quick run on PHL-SCE (State College), which was ~35 minutes.
Old May 7, 2022, 4:17 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
I recently received a proactive water or orange juice service on DFW-SPS, which is a much shorter E145 flight. I think we were in the air for less than 30 minutes. Almost immediately after we took off, the flight attendant was up in the galley making trays of water and juice to quickly hand out once we got to the cruising altitude of about 9000 ft.

Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Meanwhile full beverage runs on LAX-PHX, PHL-BOS etc. I get it’s mainline versus Piedmont, but that is pretty lame. Pre COVID they would do a quick run on PHL-SCE (State College), which was ~35 minutes.
Old May 7, 2022, 7:53 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Rapid Rewards
What's the deal with the E145 flights, do they even stock other drinks or is there a company wide memo to only serve water?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.