Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Rumor: AA alcohol and food sales resume April 18

Rumor: AA alcohol and food sales resume April 18

Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:46 am

Programs: AAdvantage
IIRC AA said they would re-institute either way. BTW, FAs are over playing mask police. Every flight I've been on now for a month, including this AM, people have been maskless and no announcements. Today the only thing said to me was "would you like a refill on your beverage?" I have the feeling even airline management tired of this mandate isn't going to push it on flight attendants.
skylady and mnhusker like this.

Last edited by EXP100; Apr 13, 2022 at 10:15 am
Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by EXP100
So it looks like initially no food for sale or flights under 1,500 miles. I'm having a hard time understanding how difficult it is to cater simple food items when they announced this change a month ago. But at least the booze is back.
I'm actually OK with this. It is fairly simple to buy food in the airports and bring it onboard if you want to eat on the flight. Alcohol, not so much.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by bchandler02
What will actually change in two weeks that? (Hint: Nothing)
An end to the short lived PDB in lieu of flight attendant "safety".

Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:07 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by CLT
I wonder if this is about to be pushed back.

Various news outlets are reporting that the CDC will extend the mask mandate for another 2 weeks...
There's no reason it has to be. Other airlines seem to be able to serve alcohol and food with a mask mandate.
bchandler02 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:36 am

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by enviroian
No doubt this will be pushed back probably to be honest until a new administration takes office.
I don't want to wait six years!!
ijgordon, Buddy16 and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Transportation Mask Mandate to Be Extended 15 Days

Just got this from the WSJ:

"Transportation Mask Mandate to Be Extended 15 Days

Requirement to wear masks on airplanes, buses and other forms of transit was set to expire after April 18"

Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
There's no reason it has to be. Other airlines seem to be able to serve alcohol and food with a mask mandate.
Right! Literally ALL other airlines.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 12:13 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
IIRC AA said they would re-institute either way. BTW, FAs are over playing mask police. Every flight I've been on now for a month, including this AM, people have been maskless and no announcements. Today the only thing said to me was "would you like a refill on your beverage?" I have the feeling even airline management tired of this mandate isn't going to push it on flight attendants.
Honestly, I can't blame them. Regardless of your views on masks and Covid, I think nearly everyone can agree that the benefits from a flight attendant being adamant about someone wearing a mask are FAR outweighed by the risk of bad reaction and a diverted flight. The Miami-LHR incident is case in point. The passengers on that flight had a right to be absolutely livid that they turned back a quarter of the way across the Atlantic just because someone wasn't wearing a mask.
RaindropT likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by bchandler02
Why not? They've had two years to prepare for the return of service and properly plan for this. If things are not in place, that is 100% on AA.
Really?!? Then, I will blame Kroger, Safeway, and the grocery retailers for having bare shelves. After all, the pandemic has been going on for TWO years. Why are the shelves at my local store so empty? Where are my unfrosted Strawberry Pop-Tarts???

Maybe AA's BOB will include Pop-Tarts... But seriously I hope things get back to some sort of normalcy soon, relative to in-flight service.
ValleyEarl likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
Not to mention AA manages to do meal service in F/J with the mask mandate. And has been able to do so for over a year.
enviroian likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
So it looks like initially no food for sale or flights under 1,500 miles. I'm having a hard time understanding how difficult it is to cater simple food items when they announced this change a month ago. But at least the booze is back.
Yea, this is odd. I can understand the sandwiches and stuff as they are readily perishable, but pringles don't expire (literally ever. God knows what plastic they're made out of). Stocking them should not cause any issues.

On a side note, I recently flew UA in coach and was impressed by how simple their cardless ordering is.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by formeraa
Really?!? Then, I will blame Kroger, Safeway, and the grocery retailers for having bare shelves. After all, the pandemic has been going on for TWO years. Why are the shelves at my local store so empty? Where are my unfrosted Strawberry Pop-Tarts???

Maybe AA's BOB will include Pop-Tarts... But seriously I hope things get back to some sort of normalcy soon, relative to in-flight service.
Huge difference between not offering any service because of your inability to plan and execute, vs being out of a small percentage of the many products that are part of that offering.
Spiff, Antarius and AAL1 like this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Not sure where this goes in the AA Forum scheme of things but got a snack or five plus OJ and a purchased Woodford on my 04/27/22 DFW-LAX flight:

Unfortunately nothing more substantial to purchase to eat on that route.

David
roadtriper and Antarius like this.
Old May 1, 2022, 5:48 pm

I tried to get my EXP drink + pringles in main cabin on PHX - DCA and was denied. Said they don’t do that anymore.
Old May 1, 2022, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by AmericanCaptive
I tried to get my EXP drink + pringles in main cabin on PHX - DCA and was denied. Said they don’t do that anymore.
you got a bad FA
skylady, ceebee100 and 355F1 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.