Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Knocked Off Upgrade Due To Companion upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Knocked Off Upgrade Due To Companion upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2022, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by 747-800i
Works great for me! Wife gets upgraded with me, and her BA Gold status gets us FF check-in and Flagship Lounge access on domestic flights.
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Be glad that loophole hasn’t been closed…I *think* Delta requires companions to be SkyMiles members (with # in rez) to be eligible for upgrades.
That means you can also use this method to get AA benefits and credit to another carrier (but you have to be the companion using someone else's status).
Old May 10, 2022, 3:42 pm

The split PNR worked in our favor recently, as we flew home to the Bay Area from DTW. Through my boneheaded planning that morning, I made my family miss the first flight out (DFW), all confirmed C upgrades. GA fortunately found 2 J seats to CLT of the neighboring gate and worked with DOD desk to split the PNR for 2 J's (wife+daugther) and 1 Y (myself).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.