Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where does one see segment counter?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Where does one see segment counter?

Clearly this must have been discussed before - just can't find it - where does one see flown segments for the current qualification year? I usually had over 200K EQMs before - but not necessarily 30 segments to the point that I might have to do a connection once or twice a year to make sure I actually make 30. That said - I don't seem smart enough to find that on the AA site - or possibly AA isn't smart enough to show what I deem pertinent information...
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by flying_geek
Clearly this must have been discussed before - just can't find it - where does one see flown segments for the current qualification year? I usually had over 200K EQMs before - but not necessarily 30 segments to the point that I might have to do a connection once or twice a year to make sure I actually make 30. That said - I don't seem smart enough to find that on the AA site - or possibly AA isn't smart enough to show what I deem pertinent information...
It's not just you, I feel like we have folks asking about this on a weekly basis because AA buried the segment counter in the most non intuitive place possible at aa.com.

If you log into your account at aa.com, go to the "Promotions" section then scroll to the bottom, you'll see a "Track Your Progress" box...
SkyHarbor, kiowavt, Epod and 4 others like this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Thanks. Is that the easter egg hunt edition? Would never have found that there.
Thanks again
apeortdz and Antarius like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: AA EX PLAT
Wow, thank you for this, looked all over the place!
Old Jul 20, 2022, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
It's not just you, I feel like we have folks asking about this on a weekly basis because AA buried the segment counter in the most non intuitive place possible at aa.com.

If you log into your account at aa.com, go to the "Promotions" section then scroll to the bottom, you'll see a "Track Your Progress" box...
Once again, a UI/UX person decided to have fun without any product manager involved. The location of this is absolutely daft.

I also don't understand why the Activity is hidden in the pull up menu. There are only 2 icons on the bottom bar.

Finally, there is always a notification button popping up on the promos despite nothing changing. I think the segment tracker update gets passed back as a changed state. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:36 am

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by JJeffrey

And keep in mind that once you hit 30 segments that box goes away-- moving your Rewards to the 'Wallet' section. Weird...
onanisland, apeortdz and Antarius like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Award flights count toward the segment counter, right?
Old Jul 20, 2022, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by redtop43
Award flights count toward the segment counter, right?
Yes. Even partner award segments count, in my experience. (half of my 30 segments this year are going to be on JL domestic flights - much less painful than having to fly AA these days!)

-FlyerBeek
Visualp likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Yes. Even partner award segments count, in my experience. (half of my 30 segments this year are going to be on JL domestic flights - much less painful than having to fly AA these days!)

-FlyerBeek
I'm 0-4 on partner award segments.

ORD-HEL-FCO-HEL-JFK. All on AY. Outbound booked with AA miles; flown 3+ weeks ago. Return booked with AS miles; flown 1-1.5 weeks ago (4 days between flights). AAdvantage number on all reservations.

If they are giving out segments for partner awards, I would really like to get them. Should I email the aadvantage help desk? Or call? Do I need to wait longer? Has anyone had any success in this situation? I can't be the only one for whom they are not posting automatically.

Last edited by VegasGambler; Jul 21, 2022 at 4:08 pm
Old Jul 21, 2022, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Not sure if you'll get them for awards booked using AS miles (or any awards booked outside your account). All I can say is that all 7 of the JL domestic award segments I've flown this year (all booked from my AAdvantage account) credited as segments. I don't believe this is a published benefit of the new program, so I'm not sure if it's intentional or not.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jul 21, 2022, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Not sure if you'll get them for awards booked using AS miles (or any awards booked outside your account). All I can say is that all 7 of the JL domestic award segments I've flown this year (all booked from my AAdvantage account) credited as segments. I don't believe this is a published benefit of the new program, so I'm not sure if it's intentional or not.

-FlyerBeek
I wonder if it is something to do with whether the partner airline bothers to report award segments flown or not. Because all my segments were on AY, half booked with AA and half booked with AS, and none posted.

Then again on another thread I believe someone reported getting credit for an AY segment, so I'm really not sure.

Nothing is really published about this; the website says "qualifying segment" but that's not defined anywhere. Some bloggers have written some stuff but it's not clear whether that's from an authoritative source or not. I'm not sure what's supposed to happen here.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
Counting segments

I wanted to find out my YTD segments. I could not find it on the website or app. I called AACS and I was given the answer. Of course I should keep track of it myself, but this counter used to be displayed (along with EQMs and EQDs). Now only segments (and LPs) matter but there does not seem to be a counter. Anyone have a solution?
Old Aug 5, 2022, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by card1953
I wanted to find out my YTD segments. I could not find it on the website or app. I called AACS and I was given the answer. Of course I should keep track of it myself, but this counter used to be displayed (along with EQMs and EQDs). Now only segments (and LPs) matter but there does not seem to be a counter. Anyone have a solution?
On the app, click on the header that shows your name, status and miles. That goes to the account page.

Click Promotions and scroll all the way down.

Brilliantly designed.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
This is why I still love FT!
Old Aug 11, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: AA EXP
Viewing yearly segments / miles / dollars?

With the advent of LP, AA no longer shows a dashboard with dollars, miles, and segments. While it's no longer necessary for status, they were still fun stats to watch, and had some utility as well for tracking business travel.

Is there any place these are still displayed? I've looked all over the app and the website. Short of counting up every single trip from the "Your Activity" page I can't find this data anywhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.