Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can This Pricing Be Real??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2022, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by guv1976
All AAdvantage awards are now issued as one-ways (combinable to create roundtrips, circle trips, and open-jaws), so open-jaw restrictions on cash tickets would not apply.
Another data point. If I price this out as 2 trips, it comes out as $844 RT MCO-DFW and $3200, DFW-SCL, EZE-DFW. No way near $19K but still higher than a year ago.
( yeah, I know, COVID)
Old Apr 4, 2022, 4:55 pm

Seems like that is the full J fare in business class. There are some dates that only have J fares available. This is during summer plus Antarctica travelers typically have booked their cruise way before airfare even opens and are waiting for the moment to purchase those business class seats to Santiago or Buenos Aires. Plus all of the luxury traveler suppliers and cruise lines that have bulk space on these flights its not surprising that the inventory is restricted even if the seat maps are open.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 5:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Aloha1
Another data point. If I price this out as 2 trips, it comes out as $844 RT MCO-DFW and $3200, DFW-SCL, EZE-DFW. No way near $19K but still higher than a year ago.
( yeah, I know, COVID)
The issue is not starting from MCO, it is down to booking class availability. The itinerary that you want is available at ~$2400 as long as there is 'I' class on all flights. There are a lot of flights where there isn't

There is also married segment availability issues that makes DFW-SCL easier to get at the low price than MCO-SCL

e.g. on 12/02/23 and 13/02/23 AA945 DFW-SCL is showing I2 and I3 respectively. For MCO-SCL via DFW, the availabilty on AA945 is showing as I0

The reasonable fares are there, just availability is the issue
Old Apr 5, 2022, 12:03 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I am guessing that you are going on the Tauck Patagonia trip. I am flying the same open jaw late this year. My pricing was reasonable in Business Class.

Last edited by apeortdz; Apr 5, 2022 at 4:59 am
Old Apr 5, 2022, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by apeortdz
I am guessing that you are going on the Tauck Patagonia trip. I am flying the same open jaw late this year. My pricing was reasonable in Business Class.
Actually on Oceania around SA and down to Antartica. Third time I've booked. First 2 were cancelled. with times before I booked refundable air with AA for around $1800 in J.
apeortdz and wrp96 like this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 7:17 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Wait a little bit. We have a SS cruise in Galapagos in September. We originally went with the SS air, but we found AA AUS-UIO, and GYE-AUS for 1100 a piece in J last week and booked it. Just requested a refund to back out of the air. Saved $4000.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.