Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Posting of Credit Card purchases as Loyalty Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2022, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K, 1MM,AA Exec. Platinum, Global Entry, Nexus

Now that we are in the loyalty points game. I've been using my Citi and Barclay cards for purchases. I've not seen my usage post on the AA app. I've charged thousands of dollars and my loyalty points are stuck at 45,000. So here is the dumb question; In order for the charges to count to I have to "enroll" my card?
In the old system my miles/dollars posted automatically. My statement closing dates have come and gone (early in the month) yet no loyalty points have posted?

Who would you even call? Citi? Barclay? AA?
davecraze likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
I have had the same issue. Logging out then back in has worked for me. However, I have to keep doing this as the app is not automatically updating.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
No registration required. I would just wait it out. Doubtlessly AA is having startup kinks with the LP plumbing, and if in a few weeks it hasn't fixed itself there is an unassailable audit trail backing you up.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K, 1MM,AA Exec. Platinum, Global Entry, Nexus
Have no problem waiting. My cc statements are proof of spend. Just a hassle. But I get working the kinks out.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
I'm finding portal and AA purchases are showing up quickly, CC spend is showing up at monthly closing
KBMIFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
My Barclays has been posting like clockwork on the statement date every month.
KBMIFlyer and dciolli like this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, BAEC Bronze, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Is this still an issue?

My Barclays card posts loyalty points almost daily, however my Citi Advantage card hasn’t posted since the 21st of September. Is anyone else having an issue or do I need to call someone?
Old Oct 23, 2022, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by RyanG
My Barclays card posts loyalty points almost daily, however my Citi Advantage card hasn’t posted since the 21st of September. Is anyone else having an issue or do I need to call someone?
The credit cards post LP's after the statement closes. If you have Barclays posting almost daily to AA then do you have 30 different Barclays cards with different statement dates?

Given that it's only the 23rd of October and a weekend, it makes sense that your last Citi posting was Sep. 21, nothing is broken, just be patient and give it another day or two, they will post early next week.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, BAEC Bronze, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
The credit cards post LP's after the statement closes. If you have Barclays posting almost daily to AA then do you have 30 different Barclays cards with different statement dates?

Given that it's only the 23rd of October and a weekend, it makes sense that your last Citi posting was Sep. 21, nothing is broken, just be patient and give it another day or two, they will post early next week.
Thanks, they actually just posted!
Old Oct 27, 2022, 6:36 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
I'm planning ahead on how to game the year end Loyalty Points, for the 2/28/2023 - 3/1/2023 changeover.

I have a big purchase planned, Property Tax for many thousands. I already have my LP for this year. I would like to pay tax in January to avoid the penalty of paying in February, yet have the points post in March.

Citicard:
I looked at this first, tried to request a specific Statement Date. No can do, I can only request specific Due Date. Then the Statement Date for Citi varies between 2-4 days after the Due Date.

Barclays:
My Barclays seems to be a standard 3 days from Due Date to Statement Date. The latest day of the month I can request Due Date is 28th. So, I requested 28th Due Date.

If I pay taxes on Barclays on 1/31/23, I believe the Statement Date would be 1/31/23, it probably won't post for a couple of days. I believe the Statement Date would be 1/31, the next Statement Date would be 3/3/2023, so the Loyalty Points should show up in March? does anyone with Barclays card have a 28th due date, and confirm that the statement date is always 3 days later regardless of how many days in the month?

Last edited by Microwave; Nov 2, 2022 at 9:27 am Reason: Merged slew of posts on the same topic
Old Oct 31, 2022, 8:39 am

Although my due date isn't on the 28th of the month, Aviator miles consistently post on the statement closing date for me. And yes, the previous month's payment due date is 3 days before that. So my statement closing date is on the 12th of the month (which is when miles post), and payment due date is the 9th of the next month.
KBMIFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 10:43 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
does anyone with Barclays card have a 28th due date, and confirm that the statement date is always 3 days later regardless of how many days in the month?
Your Barclay card portal should show you the statement closing date. To see it, I went to Activities & Statements -> Statements. My due date is the 7th. Closing date is the 10th. I believe you can request a new payment due date, which would then alter the statement closing date.

Last edited by Microwave; Nov 2, 2022 at 9:28 am Reason: Edited quote of edited post
Old Oct 31, 2022, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by PHL
Your Barclay card portal should show you the statement closing date. To see it, I went to Activities & Statements -> Statements. My due date is the 7th. Closing date is the 10th. I believe you can request a new payment due date, which would then alter the statement closing date.

usually if you change the payment date the closing date will still follow 3 days later. They do that so if don't pay the full amount interest and fees are added
Old Nov 2, 2022, 8:50 am

I'm planning ahead on how to game the year end Loyalty Points, for the 2/28/2023 - 3/1/2023 changeover.

I have a big purchase planned, Property Tax for many thousands. I already have my LP for this year. I would like to pay tax in January to avoid the penalty of paying in February, yet have the points post in March.

Citicard:
I looked at this first, tried to request a specific Statement Date. No can do, I can only request specific Due Date. Then the Statement Date for Citi varies between 2-4 days after the Due Date.

Barclays:
My Barclays seems to be a standard 3 days from Due Date to Statement Date. The latest day of the month I can request Due Date is 28th. So, I requested 28th Due Date.

If I pay taxes on Barclays on 1/31/23, I believe the Statement Date would be 1/31/23, it probably won't post for a couple of days. I believe the Statement Date would be 1/31, the next Statement Date would be 3/3/2023, so the Loyalty Points should show up in March? does anyone with Barclays card have a 28th due date, and confirm that the statement date is always 3 days later regardless of how many days in the month?
I have not been through a year-end, but when Barclays miles post they are dated with your statement date, not the day they actually post. I assume that means even if they post in the new year they'll count towards the old year if your statement closed in the old year.

Last edited by Microwave; Nov 2, 2022 at 9:28 am Reason: Updated quote of edited post
Old Nov 2, 2022, 9:07 am
HGH

Citicard:

Barclays:

1. Do a test purchase in November and December on the last days to see what happens.
2. Poke around on your credit card logins to see how dates for purchase, posting, and mileage credits have worked in the past
3. If you game this system this year, as you say, then you have to do that from here on out to ensure one tax payment during each yearly period.

Last edited by Microwave; Nov 2, 2022 at 9:29 am Reason: Updated quote of edited post; removed reference to duplicate posts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.