Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Missing miles/LPs from FTD purchase in mid-Feb

Missing miles/LPs from FTD purchase in mid-Feb

Old Mar 31, 22, 1:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by pwendell View Post
I have 3 orders on FTD that all posted as "Bonus Miles" and did not earn Loyalty Points so I reached out to AAdvantage Customer Service and they told me to contact FTD, which I did. The person I spoke with had no clue what was going on and opened a ticket. About a week later I got a call from someone at FTD to get more information on what Loyalty Points were and the difference between Bonus and Base miles. I gave her the details and also referenced her to AA.com for more details, pointing out that FTD was listed as the vendors to earn Loyalty Points. She said she would take care of it. Another week later, I got this Email:

I then reached out to AA AAdvantage Customer Service again, and finally got this final response from them (after several back and forth messages):

I am not sure what else to do or whom to ask, as they seem to be giving conflicting information and blaming each other. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Per the instructions provided by Raralith in the eShopping thread here, contact eShopping and tell them AAdvantage said to switch the miles for that purchase from bonus to base. This was for miles that originally didn't post at all and then got posted as bonus miles when eShopping customer service fixed it, but I'd imagine it's the same thing for miles that posted automatically but incorrectly. Also I did not actually contact AAdvantage before telling eShopping that's what AAdvantage said to do.
Old Mar 31, 22, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Eurynom0s View Post
Per the instructions provided by Raralith in the eShopping thread here, contact eShopping and tell them AAdvantage said to switch the miles for that purchase from bonus to base. This was for miles that originally didn't post at all but I would imagine it's the same thing for miles that posted incorrectly. Also I did not actually contact AAdvantage before telling eShopping that's what AAdvantage said to do.
Some of these purchases (mine included) were from an offer directly from AA.Com and didn't go through Advantage Shopping/Cartera.

Starting to feel like we're SOL.
Old Mar 31, 22, 2:07 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by pwendell View Post
I have 3 orders on FTD that all posted as "Bonus Miles" and did not earn Loyalty Points so I reached out to AAdvantage Customer Service and they told me to contact FTD, which I did. The person I spoke with had no clue what was going on and opened a ticket. About a week later I got a call from someone at FTD to get more information on what Loyalty Points were and the difference between Bonus and Base miles. I gave her the details and also referenced her to AA.com for more details, pointing out that FTD was listed as the vendors to earn Loyalty Points. She said she would take care of it. Another week later, I got this Email:

I then reached out to AA AAdvantage Customer Service again, and finally got this final response from them (after several back and forth messages):

I am not sure what else to do or whom to ask, as they seem to be giving conflicting information and blaming each other. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
You shouldn't be their go between - I would go back to AA and tell them they need to fix it with their partner, particularly since AA calls out FTD as a loyalty point earning partner.
Old Mar 31, 22, 6:13 pm

Programs: American Airlines - Platinum Pro / Marriott - Ambassador
Originally Posted by iadisgreat View Post
You shouldn't be their go between - I would go back to AA and tell them they need to fix it with their partner, particularly since AA calls out FTD as a loyalty point earning partner.
I agree! Its frustrating... I already basically said that and what I posted was their last response. I am considering BBB complaint as the next option. Maybe I should file one against AA and FTD?
Old Apr 8, 22, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
In case you guys are still following this thread. I also have 5 orders from FTD (30k Miles/LPs) that never posted. First of all thanks for whoever posted the email address for the customer service, I emailed them.

Today I called FTD, gave them all my 5 order numbers, out of the 5, one of them they said was posted today (probably from the email I sent out last week), the other 4 had to be filed as missing miles to what they call their "miles and points partner". The one order they mention was posted still hasn't shown in my AA account.

Another interesting thing that both agents let slip, is that there is now a message on their screen that says "customers will no longer earn AAdvantage miles from purchases", and the supervisor I spoke to mentioned they dropped AA (or were dropped by AA) as a mileage partner. Apparently this has been causing too many issues.

I do intend to pursue this until the end, these 30k LPs are in my roadmap for EXP, and I will get them.

I'll also try to update you guys here on my case.
GNRMatt likes this.
Old Apr 8, 22, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Mine were also missing from my 2/10 order. I just used the chat feature on FTD.com (selecting the "Promotions & Discounts" option in the chat login dropdown). The agent asked for my account name, # of missing miles, AAdvantage #, and FTD order # and supposedly processed the miles, so I'll know tomorrow if he did.
Old Apr 8, 22, 1:50 pm

Programs: American Airlines - Platinum Pro / Marriott - Ambassador
Originally Posted by imsuchaluckass View Post
In case you guys are still following this thread. I also have 5 orders from FTD (30k Miles/LPs) that never posted. First of all thanks for whoever posted the email address for the customer service, I emailed them.

Today I called FTD, gave them all my 5 order numbers, out of the 5, one of them they said was posted today (probably from the email I sent out last week), the other 4 had to be filed as missing miles to what they call their "miles and points partner". The one order they mention was posted still hasn't shown in my AA account.

Another interesting thing that both agents let slip, is that there is now a message on their screen that says "customers will no longer earn AAdvantage miles from purchases", and the supervisor I spoke to mentioned they dropped AA (or were dropped by AA) as a mileage partner. Apparently this has been causing too many issues.

I do intend to pursue this until the end, these 30k LPs are in my roadmap for EXP, and I will get them.

I'll also try to update you guys here on my case.
I just recently filed a BBB complaint with FTD for them to fix the Bonus/Base/LP issue, but have not yet heard back. Once I do, I will update. Its only a little over 4k LP for me, but its more the principal.

It is interesting that they are no longer doing miles with AA anymore... I would not be surprised it was an issue between AA and them on how they were doing it and one or both parties got fed up and ended the relationship. I had noticed that the number of miles they offer had recently dropped significantly, and they are now doing Simply Miles (but with a direct link so you cannot double dip).
Old Apr 9, 22, 7:26 am

Programs: AA EXP
Thanks for that support email address upthread!

After contacting FTD through the email about two Feb purchases, “James” replied -rather quickly I might add- and said they will credit me in 6-8 weeks. I specifically mentioned to him to make sure they come through as LPs.

sure enough, today (about a week later), order 1 of 2 posted correctly as LPs.

one down one to go….
Old Apr 9, 22, 11:01 am

I spoke with FTD yesterday over the phone, oddly enough one of my orders processed yesterday. Miles posted but no LPs.

I also got an email from FTD saying they cannot control how the miles post.

im trying to contact AA about this
Old Apr 9, 22, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA PPro, DL Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Mine finally posted today…. As bonus miles.

Be interested to hear who has the most success getting it corrected. It was clear as day that FTD earned LP back in February.
Old Apr 9, 22, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA ConciergeKey; Hyatt Globalist
It’s not going to be fixed to be base miles (yes happened to me also) and there is not going to be any accountability for it even though it was clearly supposed to be base miles. I wish you guys good luck, but I expect this will ultimately be futile and your time will be wasted. There is zero incentive to fix it especially now that they are no longer a partner. AA and FTD do not really care about BBB reports and such - it’s toothless to multi billion dollar companies.
Old Apr 10, 22, 9:53 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Bought FTD package on 03/14. The points posted today in my account as base miles without me contacting FTD about anything. Also got an extra 200 bonus points for some reason. Just a data point.
vasantn likes this.
Old Apr 10, 22, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
All I can say is that I'm glad I never took the FTD bait. There were too many inconsistencies between different published versions of the rules and I didn't feel comfortable.
LovePrunes and funnyfarm299 like this.
Old Apr 10, 22, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA ConciergeKey; Hyatt Globalist
FTD is the only one that did not post as base for me. If you guys have not done so, the fool.com one year sub for 79 dollars posted for me as 7400 base miles and accrued the correct LPs.
Old Apr 10, 22, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by davecraze View Post
FTD is the only one that did not post as base for me. If you guys have not done so, the fool.com one year sub for 79 dollars posted for me as 7400 base miles and accrued the correct LPs.

you mean motley fool? My offer is like 2300 miles, how did you get 7400?

Search this Thread