Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Loyalty Points on AAdvantage eShopping / shopping - rates, delays (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Loyalty Points on AAdvantage eShopping / shopping - rates, delays (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2022, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
How long ago was the purchase? Mine all posted eventually. Has it been over 2 weeks?

As far as I can tell the $2k limit is not enforced
Interesting. Thanks. March 2 was purchase date.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OskiBear
So far, the only purchase that has not posted for me is when I bought 2 x $250 in a single transaction. it tracked and I even received an email that it tracked, but it hasn't posted. Just about at the 15-day mark, so I'll be submitting an inquiry.
I made the exact same purchase, with the exact same result. Tracked and everything.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FrankMorris
I made the exact same purchase, with the exact same result. Tracked and everything.
I have made multiple subsequent purchases (including some on the same day) and they've all tracked and posted. So, there must have been something about the $500+ transaction.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 4:23 pm

You may want to use <a href="https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1885619-giftcards-com-master-thread-2018-onwards-25.html">the main thread instead</a>. There's nothing special about the AA portal versus UA or other cartera portals, and any tracking issues are handled the same.

Last edited by Microwave; Aug 18, 2022 at 5:50 am Reason: Removed quote of deleted content
Old Mar 18, 2022, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rrgg
You may want to use the main thread instead. There's nothing special about the AA portal versus UA or other cartera portals, and any tracking issues are handled the same.
Thanks rrgg - that's interesting. Are they all processed by the same company?
Old Mar 19, 2022, 7:13 am

Programs: AA Plat
Literally used the same browser and made back to back purchases so no reason one would have posted and the other not.
That may be the problem. Do you literally mean you clicked AAS, checked out on GC.com, and then checked out on GC.com again?

Best practice is to click thru for each transaction and ideally use a different browser (e.g. Chrome, then Chrome incog, or Chrome, then Safari, or I guess 2 incog sessions would work). With that being said, I've been using portals for almost a decade and my orders don't always track!

There used to be a primer on portals, maybe by travelswithgrant? Let me know if anyone has it. I could use a refresher myself!
Old Mar 19, 2022, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sexykitten7
That may be the problem. Do you literally mean you clicked AAS, checked out on GC.com, and then checked out on GC.com again?

Best practice is to click thru for each transaction and ideally use a different browser (e.g. Chrome, then Chrome incog, or Chrome, then Safari, or I guess 2 incog sessions would work). With that being said, I've been using portals for almost a decade and my orders don't always track!

There used to be a primer on portals, maybe by travelswithgrant? Let me know if anyone has it. I could use a refresher myself!
I did use the same browser, but clicked through the portal link before the second order. Also, the order that hasn’t posted did track as I received an email, but just hasn’t posted to the shopping portal as earned points. So, it’s definitely something else.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
I've now gotten base miles and LPs for $2500 worth it VGCs within about a week. Do we think there is a chance they will claw back the miles above $2k? If not, I may try to purchase some more while the 5% discount is still active.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by njvandy
I've now gotten base miles and LPs for $2500 worth it VGCs within about a week. Do we think there is a chance they will claw back the miles above $2k? If not, I may try to purchase some more while the 5% discount is still active.
Isn't there a limit to the 5% discount?
Old Mar 19, 2022, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by redtop43
Isn't there a limit to the 5% discount?
Not as far as I've seen
Old Apr 2, 2022, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Purchases from early March still haven't posted despite receiving the tracking email upon purchase. Sent a note to AA shopping about missing miles a while back. Haven't heard anything. Anyone else in the same position?
Old Apr 2, 2022, 11:22 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Purchases from early March still haven't posted despite receiving the tracking email upon purchase. Sent a note to AA shopping about missing miles a while back. Haven't heard anything. Anyone else in the same position?
I am likewise waiting. They have quoted a resolution period of 4-8 weeks.

In my case, I consider it almost certain that it relates to an ad blocker. I've had zero issues with cards bought in the past week or so, but I disabled the ad blocker. This is an issue now mentioned on the giftcards.com webpage and in their FAQ. Cartera acknowledges that the purcahses were made via the AA shopping portal but they basically claim they have to get giftcards.com to pay them the commission due.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I purchased 2k of giftcards using Chrome making sure allow cross posting was turned on. Never received the initial email. Does this mean I’ll never receive the points, even if I open a case. Sounds like I need to open the case with giftcards as they will need to pay Cartera.

I emailed giftcards.com but they told me to contact American Airlines.

Last edited by EXPLAT; Apr 9, 2022 at 2:08 am
Old Apr 2, 2022, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by EXPLAT
I purchased 2k of giftcards using Chrome making sure allow cross posting was turned on. Never received the initial email. Does this mean I’ll never receive the points, even if I open a case. Sounds like I need to open the case with giftcards as they will need to pay Cartera.
How long ago was this? There is a ton of information in the main Cartera thread from people who had similar experiences.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...issues-14.html
Old Apr 2, 2022, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by redtop43
I am likewise waiting. They have quoted a resolution period of 4-8 weeks.

In my case, I consider it almost certain that it relates to an ad blocker. I've had zero issues with cards bought in the past week or so, but I disabled the ad blocker. This is an issue now mentioned on the giftcards.com webpage and in their FAQ. Cartera acknowledges that the purcahses were made via the AA shopping portal but they basically claim they have to get giftcards.com to pay them the commission due.
I got an email confirmation from AA almost immediately that my order had tracked so doubt it’s that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.